Other E-sky big lama receiver wire broken off? Help please!

Blade 400

Hi all,

I bought an E-sky big lama very very cheap recently (I know why now!) I just wanted a large co-axial Heli for some fun.

It has an E-sky 001367 EK2-0426 2.4Ghz 6 channel receiver but the antenna has broken off (wasn`t included)

I wonder if I could still fly her at short range? (I have tested her and all Transmitter controls work fine) I would carry out a range check and only intend to fly her 15ft away from me.

If anyone knows how I can replace the antenna, I would really appreciate your help

RandyDSok

It is not recommended to use any transmitter or receiver without it's antenna ...

You should post a picture of were the antenna broke off ... I can't suggest something to try or do without seeing what exactly you are speaking about. Make sure the picture is in sharp focus also so the details can actually be seen....

Blade 400

It is not recommended to use any transmitter or receiver without it's antenna ...

You should post a picture of were the antenna broke off ... I can't suggest something to try or do without seeing what exactly you are speaking about. Make sure the picture is in sharp focus also so the details can actually be seen....
Thanks Randy, The point where the antenna has broken off is below the black bind socket, bottom right (A1)

Last edited:

Blade 400

At last! Hope you can see them clearly Randy

Attachments

• IMG_2506[1].JPG
    IMG_2506[1].JPG
    97.4 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_2505[1].JPG
    IMG_2505[1].JPG
    125.3 KB · Views: 3

Blade 400

Pictures added above, thanks again for your help Randy

RandyDSok

It doesn't appear as that antenna is mounted on a replaceable socket like some are. It could be and if so, the socket would be on the back side of the receiver as seen in the pics.

If you are able to see a socket you can replace it pretty easy. The other option would be locate the board side of a socket and solder it to the pads the cut off antenna goes too... then attach a typical antenna. Typical 2.4 Ghz replacement antenna can be found on Amazon like 2.4 Ghz RC antenna

I don't know where to source the board socket side....

These antenna are actually a coax ( small coated looking wire ) with the actual antenna sticking out of the end of the plastic coating you see.

Blade 400

It doesn't appear as that antenna is mounted on a replaceable socket like some are. It could be and if so, the socket would be on the back side of the receiver as seen in the pics.

If you are able to see a socket you can replace it pretty easy. The other option would be locate the board side of a socket and solder it to the pads the cut off antenna goes too... then attach a typical antenna. Typical 2.4 Ghz replacement antenna can be found on Amazon like 2.4 Ghz RC antenna

I don't know where to source the board socket side....

These antenna are actually a coax ( small coated looking wire ) with the actual antenna sticking out of the end of the plastic coating you see.
That`s great Randy, I`ll look into all of that and will let you know how I get on :thumbsup:

RandyDSok

I just looked up and found the receiver's are for sale at various sites ( AllyExpress, Amazon etc ) for about $20 ( USD ). If yours doesn't have the socket and have to find and source those... that'd run a few bucks ( ? ) .... so maybe around $10 in total ( before shipping, taxes, vats etc which you'd also have for a receiver ). That would be about 1/2 the price of a new one and I wouldn't think that was worth the effort.

If yours has the socket.... I'd get some replacements and just change them out.

Blade 400

Thanks for the update Randy. I managed to get a replacement new old stock receiver from a local model shop. I have installed and all good after binding. I just need to replace the awful narrow stock skids with wider ones and she`ll be airborne :thumbsup:

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
I was going to suggest to purchase a new one instead of fixing the old receiver, that way you know you won't have any problem with it. A new old stock receiver from a local hobby shop is just as good. Good luck and maybe a video of her being airborne :beerchug:

Blade 400

I was going to suggest to purchase a new one instead of fixing the old receiver, that way you know you won't have any problem with it. A new old stock receiver from a local hobby shop is just as good. Good luck and maybe a video of her being airborne :beerchug:
Thanks D.O.G. The new receiver is in, I just need to adapt the battery bay as the Lipo that came with her is old so, even though she charged up, I don`t think I`ll get much flight time under load. I managed to buy two more Lipo`s which are the same rating but I need to mod the battery bay for them to fit. Just waiting on some extra small drill bits for the mod. I`m also fitting spare wider landing skids as the stock are way too narrow. I`ll post some pics or a vid when I fly her, hopefully next weekend :thumbsup:

Top Bottom