DIY Eachine Red devil - upgrade

bigone5500

Saw this on thingiverse and printed one just to find out it has no counterbored holes for the screws. So I made my own. It's a copy of sorts from the original but with some mods. The strap slot is smaller to accommodate the narrower straps I have. The top edge of the strap slot is thicker. My holes support the original screws to mount it. And the strap slot uprights are thicker with a fillet on the inside edge to prevent battery damage.

Here is a photo of the original and my copied design. Note the angular portions on either side. Those have been removed in the version which is in the printer right now. I had to start over as two of my holes were too narrow.
20201213_175857.jpg

And some gruesome quad surgery.
20201213_175816.jpg

I will post photos of the final product when it's done. If anyone is interested in the file stay tuned here and I will upload it when the design is final.

bigone5500

So I got the wire repaired but upon reassembly, I have found the strap structures need to be trimmed down from the bottom. When I try to attach the FC to the frame, the cable from the VTX hits the mount. I will work on another version tomorrow.

bigone5500

After 5 prints, I am going to put this one on hold. That is until my Fusion 360 skills get a little better. I have grown tired of wasting filament at the moment.

Top Bottom