Edge 540T 50" First Flight w/ DX8

Tony

Staff member
Here is the plane that I have been wanting to fly since I got this tx. And as expected, it was very smooth. There is an issue with the plane though, I think I'm getting some flutter at high speeds, and I'm not sure where it's coming from. Oh well, I will fly it until the wings fall off then get something new lol. Have a watch and let me know what you think

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8au2MoIEgS4

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
It will only get better with time. I'm still not sure what this plane can handle so I was pretty easy on it in these videos. I will beat on them a little more in upcoming weeks of flying.

Lee

Some nice snap rolls and some knife edge. get a cam on the wing now.

Tony

Staff member
I would have had a camera on the wing, but I only have one micro SD card, and it was in my glasses filming this flight lol. But, I will have to make a trip to BestBuy and get a couple more just for this reason. I love onboard flights.

RandyDSok

I should have been there that day you shot that vid... But I had a better offer. BBQ ribs and beans over at a friends place that I hadn't visited in a while.

As far as getting TJ to fly... I'm not surprised. He is still skittish when it comes to even flying his own right now... He'll eventually get good enough given time. I also can't blame him on not flying your plane, I don't fly others either.... If I can't replace it, I don't fly it ...

Tony

Staff member
lol, that one I was kidding about but would have let him if he wanted to. I was trying to get him to take his cessna out of the truck and put it in the air. I know he had batteries cause he offered some to me lmao. Ah well, it was a fun time all around. Hope we can meet up out there sometime soon. I enjoyed flying around with you and that other guy that was flying with us. Not sure, has the micro cub though. It was good times.

RandyDSok

The small Cub would probably have been Gordon... It is a scratch built from plans he made himself, as are most all of his planes with the exception of one that I'm aware of

Tony

Staff member
Thanks Travis. The delay is because of a VERY cheap camera. If I had the money, these videos would be in HD. But no money = no HD lmao. And Randy, that's him.

Top Bottom