General EFLIGHT DRACO 2.0M

RandyDSok

There are few on here that fly airplanes... but certainly some. The chances that any has or has flown this one, is slim. So I'll just touch on some general info and lean heavily on my own opinions about the company Eflight itself as well as my thoughts ( very negatively biased opinions ) about foamy aircraft in general.

In the area of warranty ( given you get it from a reputable vendor of course )... Eflight stands behind all of their products they sell. The primary vendor in the USA for EFlight products is Horizon Hobbies and they have a very good reputation for standing behind any product they sell almost going as far as a "no questions asked" policy when needed. If you get it through a vendor with a similar reputation, you should have no problem IF you do end up having some sort of issue with it quality wise.

Eflight's quality is a little above average in most cases. They aren't known to over-spec their parts they use but they do use decent quality parts that should provide a good experience with the product you get from them. I do feel like you can buy better quality parts than what comes in their kits and BNF models, often at comparable prices. Still, what they tend to include should fit the model you select nicely. Just so you know ( if you didn't already which I suspect you do given your experience ), their BNF models do require a Spectrum compatible transmitter. I assume that isn't a shock since all transmitters/receivers are brand specific for the protocol they support.

Of the foam aircraft ( like the one you mentioned ) that I've seen.. I like the general looks from a distance of the molded foamies because of the details they have, but I'm not a fan of looking at them close up where you can see the foam beads. To me the details they tend to boast of are often offset by the look of the foam itself when looking up close where you'll actually see those details they brag about. As far as a bush aircraft goes, that is an attractive one to look at and a decent size that should handle wind well enough.

I do find that foamy airplanes do not fly as stable as a balsa or fiberglass one. I suspect being an EPO type of foam, you may also feel that little bit of what I call "wiggle" when flying it. Of course EPO is less likely to break than either balsa or foam and is relatively easy to repair if the damage isn't too bad. This lack of rock solid flight, is where most of my own negativity of foamies comes from, so take it as a very subjective opinion that I have and it may not apply to you. I also like flying a bit over scale speeds which makes being rock solid more important, so I'm uncertain that would even apply to a bush aircraft type of plane.

The price I saw ( even when off sale, currently it's $100 USD off at Horizon Hobbies for the BNF version )... is certainly a decent price for a plane this size. In fact, with supply issues being what they are most places... it may be hard to find something else in stock even if it's slightly higher in cost. The fact that this model also has little nice things like the built in lights, would likely also be something of consideration if they are bright enough for dusk/night flying.

Top Bottom