General ESC and motor question

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter

RandyDSok

First thing... You'll need to know what the max amps for your 2204/1700Kv motor can handle... If that motor is made for a 2s pack, then going to a 3s pack will lower the amount of amps you can pull without overheating the motor.

Next... the recommended motor is for a 1000Kv motor ... a 1700Kv is more than 30% higher rpm. You'd fly a lot faster if using the same recommended prop... but you could go with a prop that has less pitch to help counter that, it'd also have an added benefit of lowering the amp draw as well.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Cool beans then. I'll get a different prop instead. What size do you recommend. You seen my other videos on what kind of flying I like to do. Fast isn't one.

RandyDSok

First thing I'd worry about... is the max amps the motor you intend to use can pull ... If it can't handle both higher voltages and amps... it's a non-starter. If it can handle it... you have a throttle you can pull back on if needed... just don't use as much of it and test it out with a lower pitch prop if you have one to start with.

I'll point out something you probably already know, you are going from a 10" prop down to an 8" ... that also means it will be pulling less amps, so an upside there. You did drop the pitch slightly from a 47 to a 40 as well as the length... each of those will be about an 80% drop ( 80% of 80% of that 1700Kv ) ... The math seems to indicate it will be close but you won't know until you actually test fly it.

If the motor can handle the amps it will be pulling... you should be close to what you want... MAYBE ... lol

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Well then, there's only one way to find out like you said. She's ready for a test flight then. I'll try to make Thursday mornings to fly. If life doesn't get in the way. If it doesn't work then I know to get a different set up LMAO

Top Bottom