ESC Explain this.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
The other day I was going through the BLHeli configuration and I wasn't able to flash the ESC. I've noticed #2 & #3 ESC won't flash because of a bunch of YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY in the blue tab. Has this happened to anyone else who can explain what's going on? batch_IMG_1981.JPG

RandyDSok

If plugged into a USB 3 port.. try switching to a USB 2 type port... If not, just try any other USB 2 type port. Also, try a different USB data cable if possible.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Thanks, Randy for the reply but no go on the changing of the ports :sorrow: I need to purchase another data cable. The funny thing is the quad flies well. Just curious about all the YYYYYYYYYYYYY. I never had that happen before. Some say it's the motors but they're brand-new Hyperlite motors.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
After purchasing a new USB data cable Randy, I'm still getting YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY in motor 2 & 3 sections:whining:. Oh well, seems to be working fine for me so I'll just keep flying I guess till something goes wrong.

RandyDSok

Other than the chance of possible data corruption on the USB ports or cables... that was all I could think of.

On PC hardware, when a firmware won't flash, it's often due to a mismatch. Sometimes that is because it's not made for the specific hardware ( ie a mismatch )... sometimes it because the devices firmware got corrupted. Which is the case, I can't say of course. Still, having said that, often there is a way to force the flash but doing so is risky if it isn't really the right firmware for the device.

Top Bottom