Other Expo TX

Sidik Hartono

Could anyone tell me if it is Negative or Positive Exponential for smoother flying? My radio has Negative and Positive exponential so I am a bit confused
On the manual did not explain for that.
My transmitter: KDS K-7XII

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210701-143808_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20210701-143808_Samsung Internet.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 3

Blade 400

Could anyone tell me if it is Negative or Positive Exponential for smoother flying? My radio has Negative and Positive exponential so I am a bit confused
Hope this helps, usually you use positive Expo and reduced rates for smoother flying

Geena

Staff member
In most transmitters, you`ll want positive expo to get a softer feel around center stick. However.... If you are flying with a Futaba transmitter, you will need to apply negative expo. I don`t know why they did it that way, but Futaba transmitters require negative expo to get a softer feel around center stick.

Sidik Hartono

Hope this helps, usually you use positive Expo and reduced rates for smoother flying

thankyou for the response
because there are some remotes like Futaba expo on the negative side, if the spectrum is on the positive side

so, how about the KDS K-7XII remote?
positive or negative?

Sidik Hartono

In most transmitters, you`ll want positive expo to get a softer feel around center stick. However.... If you are flying with a Futaba transmitter, you will need to apply negative expo. I don`t know why they did it that way, but Futaba transmitters require negative expo to get a softer feel around center stick.
Thanks for your response Geena,
Most of tx to get softer go to positive..
Tx KDS also right...

RandyDSok

Remote??? ... Radio systems consist of a transmitter and a receiver ( in English ). The expo and dual rates are functions found in the transmitter ( if those functions exist at all ) to be specific and not the receiver which only does what it's told by the transmitter to do.

It's pretty important when asking a technical question that you use the proper terms so people that are trying to help, don't get the wrong idea and then give out wrong information. I believe everyone here did understand that you were talking about the transmitter but I have seen misunderstandings in the past and try to point this type of issue out early when possible.

I'm with the others, I believe Futaba is the only maker that uses expo as a negative value. I understand why... to slow the response, you take away from the amount of input, hence they used a negative number.

Top Bottom