F3C contest this weekend

Geena

Staff member
I went down to my old stomping grounds this weekend, for another F3C contest at the AMPS flying field in Perrine, Florida. It was an event called AMPS Heli Smack Fest. I competed in F3C Sportsman class, and ended up with 2nd place out of four in our class. It was really windy this weekend, and we were all struggling with that. But we managed to pull off some pretty good scores. Here is a photo of me competing this morning, in one our last rounds for the weekend. Photo was taken by Brian Birdsong.

Geena F3C.jpg

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
:arms:2nd place that's totally awesome Geena. For the short time you been entering F3C competitions you been kicking butt and 1st place is just around the corner waiting for you :yourock:

Geena

Staff member
It`s been a few weeks. But I finally chased down first place in F3C sportsman class at the contest at Triple Creek in October. Next step is to move up to expert class before next year. I made some changes to my helicopter, to help make me more competitive. I replaced the Bavarian Demon AXON with a Futaba CGY755, and made a bunch of changes to things like hover bank pitch curves, expo, dual rates, and so on. The only thing left now, is to train my butt off, so I`m ready for the move to expert class.

312871169_10158706011351791_5169213192902210481_n.jpg

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Congratulation Geena :party: Good luck moving up to expert class. If anyone has the chance to capture first place in that class...you can! :beerchug:

bigone5500

This is crazy! I just watched a video earlier this week on a guy named Nick Maxwell. The F3C looks like it would be boring but after watching that video, I tip my hat to the ones competing. That stuff is nerve racking just watching.

Congratulations on your achievement Geena! You should be very proud!

Geena

Staff member
This is crazy! I just watched a video earlier this week on a guy named Nick Maxwell. The F3C looks like it would be boring but after watching that video, I tip my hat to the ones competing. That stuff is nerve racking just watching.

Congratulations on your achievement Geena! You should be very proud!
Thank you. :) I guess all the hard work and practice finally paid off. :)

Nick is a really cool guy, and one of the best in the world at 3D and F3C. I see him at most of the major events that I attend every year, and I competed against him in the battle of the brands (3d flight to music competition) at IRCHA a couple years ago....He smoked me, BTW...LOL. I ended up in 3rd place. I thought of F3C as boring as well....until I tried it. It`s so much harder than 3D, and model setup is al lot more crucial for F3C than it is for 3D.

Top Bottom