Videos First Hero3 black video

WyDiablo

Here's the very first hero3 black video taken with the camera. Turned out to be a very super clear video. GoPro replaced my hero2 with a new hero3 black edition and I"m very pleased with it today. Just a shot clip to see how the video would turn out. We had some hard wind gust yesterday when I filmed this clip.

gopro3 - YouTube

Diederik

Nice and clear, just one question, and no criticism meant. I am a amateur photographer and obviously starting to look into a similar kind of setup, I use canon as standard for photos and normal handheld video and have not given Go Pro any thought for this type of video, one thing that stands out is the tremendous amount of "barrel distortion" when you look at the powercables for example, is that just setup that way, can you get rid of it or do you just have to live with it.

WyDiablo

There is video software and filters that will correct the "Fish eye" effect. And the video that I posted above is my first with the hero3 and I have not yet explored that other setting on the camera like the "Protune mode" which is suppose to give your videos the "Professional" look. And some of the video settings will take a lot of the out also. But if I were going to film as a professional I would look into the Sony Nex5 or Nex7 and even the DSLR camera. But going that way you will need good motors, props and a heft heli.

Diederik

One day when I have the skills and money to buy a BIG quad I would use my Canon DSLR or my Canon Sx 30 FS as that also takes very good HD video and is a lot less money to send into the air then a DSLR. What I like about the Hero range is the fact that it is small. But I must admit that I have never looked into it deep enough as I have never thought about buying it, currently using just a little keyring 720 video recorder. No great, only OK but it does the job for now.

WyDiablo

Well you will need some thing around the size of a Hexa or bigger to handle larger cameras. Maybe something like a S800 or carbon core 650 or 950 but that will also mean bigger motors.

Diederik

Yes a dream at this stage, as i said I am short of 2 mayor compononts, Money and skill, but........it will happen, in the beginning i thought it was going to be a matter of buyng a heli, strapping the equipment on and off I go.....................mmmmmmmmmm then I woke up LOL

WyDiablo

Yea I have discovered that the RC hobby takes more money than time really lolol. I have been in the hobby for the last 5 years and I really have a thin wallet as far as my so called mad money goes. But I have also had tons of fun and a lot of experience and that comes mostly from asking questions keeping an open mind (hard for me to do sometimes) and taking notes on what the guys say around here on the forum. I thought that I knew a lot until I hit the multirotor section of the rc hobby.

Top Bottom