General Flyin Fpv Heli?

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Hey there I was wondering if anyone has tried flying there helis FPV style and how difficult it could be. I was thinking about giving it a try with my Gaui X3. A crash is most likely but just curious if anyone gave it a try and succeeded :).

Admiral

Sounds like a fun idea, I couldn't do any more damage than I do now. LOL

I think that if I went with the idea I would use a Buddy Box system with a competent pilot on the other TX.

Stambo

I tried years ago and it ended badly. :D
Very hard to get a heli balanced well enough for jello free video, let alone FPV.
Having said that, I am most definitely a better pilot now than I was back then, hmmmm.

Tony

Staff member
Stambo is getting ready to put another one in, FPV style :chuckles:. I'm kidding, we have all learned a great deal of how these things behave, but he is correct. Getting a jello free video from a helicopter is quite the chore. Since quads have multiple rotors, they kind of balance out each other in the resonance department. A helicopter only has one spinning head and thus creates it's own resonance. It is possible, but not really practical unless you just want to do it for fun.

sneezy007

I've tried flying a heli FPV on the sim. It didn't seem to bad. I don't think I'm brave enough to try it on my real helis though.
Dino

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Like Tony mention, I just want to try it out for fun and just want to see if I can can do it :).

Admiral

Years ago I had one of those key chain video cameras attached to a Blade CX2 coaxial and the video is rough but no jello effect, maybe start with a coaxial and work your way up?

The original looks clearer than the Youtube version, but not much.

Top Bottom