flying my new belt CP V2 carbon

taizi

ive just picked up a new heli and finally moved into 450 size

ive wanted a trex450 but had a reality check because im still an amateur and the thought of all that lovely expensive carbon and electronics hitting the deck made me think, so i started looking on the chinese ebay and found an Esky Belt CP V2 full carbon edition (pic in my profile) which was going for 600rmb (about 50 pounds) which usually sells for 1400rmb, so i bought it bearing in mind the plastic version cost over 700rmb this was a great deal
i checked with the owner and he can fly 4ch helis but this one scared him and he hit the carbon blades and broke one of them, so he sold it

when i got it i checked it over and its in perfect condition no other damage anywhere, and as i suspected the setup was way out as most RTF helis are, so after about 20-30 mins of checking and setting up it was ready to fly ofcourse had to wait for battery

my first flight was with the training bars on (first450 flight) while i set up the tail, but the second flight i forgot to fit the bars and although the tail was still a little out it wasnt till i was flying i remembered the trainers hehehehehe

by the third flight i had the tail working well and even tried nose in which was great, i cant believe how much more stable it is compared to my cp3 and trex250 clone, ive only been able to fly in the underground carpark because of strong winds here but wow what a difference

my only problem so far is the esc which on more research i know is rubbish as its twitched twice so far the first causing the bird to drop to the floor, lucky it was only a foot off, oh and the canopy is coming apart but i have glued it so should be ok
i will be fitting my DX6i into it and changing the gyro to my spare KDS820, and i will buy a new proper esc and some nice bright yellow tarot carbon blades but other than that its a great heli especially for me as the bit are cheap to replace should i deck it

anyone got any other advice about these birds that i would benefit from knowing, maybe tried and tested esc's that i should get etc

happy flying guys

taizi

thanks for that, i can get those cheap enough here, good to hear they are ok

im also now abit confused with gyros, before now ive been setting my helis up with the gyro in position 1 which i thought was the head holding mode i also added pitch to the tail blades to stop rotation, but i saw a vid last night while doing the tail on the cpv2 , and this guy set the tail up in 0 on the gyro switch with 0 pitch on the tail blades, and he said this was hh mode, i have setup the tail in 0 mode with no pitch and very briefly tried it with pretty much no power in my test battery but it did seem to be holding well, but when i switched into mode 1 the heli turned to the left

so does this mean ive been setting the helis up wrong all this time and that when switching into mode 1 i should add trim and gain to control the rotation effect.... dahm i thought i had progressed abit lol

Tony

Staff member
Don't worry about the Align heli's being expensive. In a crash, you will take out the shafts and blades maybe a tail boom, and most of the cost of the heli super combo kits are in the electronics. If you get a super combo, just the electronics are worth more than you are paying. You are pretty much getting the kit for free. And when you crash you most likely will not hurt the electronics. Maybe a stripped servo gear, but those are cheap. The parts are about the same price no matter what you do, so I would suggest ordering only align.

Either way, congrats on teh 450.

taizi

yeah your right
this was a compromise with the wife lol, i wanted a 450 and i wasnt allowed to spend money, and i have a king 2 in bits which some of the parts will fit the cpv2, so i got spares which i will need with it being an esky hehehe

i still intend to buy an align 450 pro dfc but after we move to our new apartment next october

Top Bottom