General FPV Beginner's Guide:10 Tips to Make Your Drone More Durable (Part 2)

iflying lai

You are not a FPV veteran, if you have not crashed some drones. Go straight to the point, here are other 5 tips to make your drone more durable.

1.Fix Your Drone Stack Properly
As the drone stack is composed of flight controller, ESC or image transmission, if the stack cannot be fixed correctly, these parts will easily fall apart due to violent impact during the drone crash. The stable way to install your stack is to penetrate the stack with a long screw and a nut.

2.Damping the Vibration for the Stack
Using Soft damping washers instead of hard nylon nuts can effectively reduce the impact of vibration during flight. Then you will have a more stable gyro signal. It can also effectively protect the flight controller and ESC, and reduce the damage during drone crash.

3.Protect Your Motor with Anti-Collision Protector
Motor is the heart of FPV drone. If your motor is damaged, the drone will lose power.
However, because of the special structure of the FPV drone, the drone arm and motor are very easy to be damaged. What you can do is to prepare a 3D printed anti-collision protector for the motor to wrap the protruding part of the drone arm. Or choose the motor with more stable and durable structure in the first place. I remember there are several models of T-motor whose motor shells are very solid.

4.Equip Your Drone with Landing Mats
Because of inertia and ground friction, the frame of drone will be worn to some extent when it lands to the ground. To prolong the service life of the drone frame, you can take 2 measurements: First, stick some sponge pads to the bottom of the drone arm. When your drone land, it will land on the sponge to prevent the rack from slipping or rubbing against the ground. But it is easy to fall off, so I recommend you to wrap them with insulating tape. Second, install hard nylon parts under the motor. When landing, it has a good effect on protecting screws and carbon plates. It can also protect the drone frame when taxiing.

5.Raise Awareness of Risk Prevention
It may sound strange. But the more you practice, the higher possibility you will find that you can predict when your drone will lose control, and what kind of response you should make to save drone. This kind of awareness can not only help you avoid drone crash, but also reduce the loss to a large extent when your drone get crash. For example, if drone crash is unavoidable, it is better to lift the bottom of your drone to meet the impact, rather than the front side. In this way, your camera will not be easily damaged. This is a really valuable skill. If you practice enough, it's only a matter of time before you master this skill.

I hope these tips can help FPV beginners and I will also share more knowledge for the FPV beginners on my account.

Top Bottom