Full Scale Airwolf Turbine.

wolfman76

I am getting scerred just thinking about how long it took to write up all those Lil bulbs... Lol. Great job how bout some shots of the rest of the helis i can only imagine how good the rest of the helis look if the cockpit is that detailed and might i add airwolf an the blue thunder helis are my two favorite helis.

Last edited:

Lee

Nice. I'm looking forward to seeing it in real life soon. :) Flying tomorrow night at the field?

ferrari.f1

Sorry for not write earlier I’m very busy work reasons!.
I count some of the details and build History of the Big Airwolf Turbine.
I start the project with the idea to make it 100% Scale like the Movie Airwolf, for this I study all the pictures from the Movie Airwolf!.
The entire fuselage is made of carbon fiber at scale 1:7.
The main rotor is the latest CSS VARIO with DELTA system is an automatic mechanical stabilization Auto system!
The Main and tail rotor are made in aluminum, especially the main rotor blades made in special aluminum to resist the Turbine exhaust gases they are 650 hot!
I changed the plates it was 3mm to 6mm now! I mounted a turbine Jet Cat PHT-3 Electronic system JetCat with starting from the Transmitter.
For example, turbine temperature, rpm-turn, fuel range, GPS position, current speed and height, speed can limit the programming it, it means, Direct flight data or after landing with the GSU!
THE communication system I chose the ACT Europe is on dual-band (DSS) A and B and dual frequency enters malfunction if one works the other and vice versa, did not put the 2.4 GHz because not even see it right for a turbine! Explain if you see in the pictures the two receiver cables receptors has triple thickness as a Serial FUTABA! But maybe now I change it to 2.4 Ghz.
I have also installed an Interface (ACT) can communicate with a PDA or laptop or serial infrared or Bluetooth, after each flight you can read the data of the two receptors for example the reception signal input voltage, interference or changes receptor!
The standard retractable gear is plastic, but this one is cnn cut in forged aluminum with th springs also reinforced.
This was more or less mechanical, now we move to the Scale:
Starting with the windows, if you look the opposite end is like a big real Heli, I decide to do this as the windows have to be 100% worked , it takes several weeks!.
I used Titanium bolts, in some cases only 0.5 mm!
The Windows are in the Big one darker but as you see I Install transparent.
The dashboard is exactly 1:1 from the real AIRWOLF! Included levers and switches and buttons, everything is illuminated, the controls inside the cockpit, behind the driver's seat there is an illuminated dashboard! Even a panel on the Top!
The cockpit interior is lined with a special material and doors with handles and bags for goodies. Also you can listen to the pilot communication with the control tower!
The letters inside the cabin are really readable miniature, but you have to take a good magnifying glass! They are laser printed with high quality.
The spear also missiles to scale to 100%, is ready to launch three missiles from the Transmitter one by one with a 22mm bullets cut his teeth! They fire light and sound!
The machine guns goes out horizontally and then unfold it forward!.
Openings grids and fuselage opening hinges are made as large the Big Airwolf!
It was very difficult to integrate the Turbine to the 100% Scale fuselages! Also I install a special double wall exhaust in stainless steel, all the interior of the fuselage is covered by a special anti fire matt, I install fire walls and thermometers to watch the Temperature in Real time!. Because when you watch all the standard Turbine Fuselages most of them has no windows, no cockpit ect!.
Well the worst comes to the end how much is all this Full scale project!?, For calculating three and a half years of work but all components approximately 25,000, - € Euros, but worth it ? when you see it fly, I thing yes it is a unique experience!

ferrari.f1

heckrotor.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

topbesfron.jpg

unterheck.jpg

racketenwerfer.jpg

seitfroti.jpg

airwolfvuelonuev.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

saz7.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

k03x.jpg

Slobberdog

Oh now I'm jealous, that looks amazing, and there's a deeper shine on that than is on my car, is the smaller one in the back ground yours as well, the exterior detail looks every bit as spectacular as the inside,

ferrari.f1

yuxv.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

xfy5.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

u2nm.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

yjsb.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

8det.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

2yi2.jpg