G'day

G'day everyone.

Thanks for the welcome Tony and also for letting me join your forum.

I am 65 and live in Inverlaw Qld. I very recently became interested in FPV racing drones after seeing some world racing competition footage on TV with my friend (Mike). Mike recently had a stroke and we thought it may be a great hobby to help his co-ordination as well as having another interest. Mike and I bought a
L 160 FPV drone each a few weeks back. Just learning to fly it line of sight at this stage. Great fun.

I made some basic RC planes in my teens. We built the RC receivers and transmitters from scratch and used rubber band driven escapements (dinosaur era LOL). The RC equipment has certainly advanced dramatically over the years. I am having a go at making my own drone at the moment and am in the process of trying to learn how the boards, electronics and programming all work. Betaflight and BL Heli are a bit confusing for an old newby, so there may be many questions coming.

Thanks again everyone for letting me join your forum.

cheers

Grant

Admiral

Welcome to the forum Grant, it will all come to you just remember RC-Help & Google are you friends when it comes to learning anything about Drones.

Tony

Staff member
Hey Grant, welcome to the forum. That is awesome that you guys are using quads to help after a stroke. Best of luck to him! As for questions, we are always happy to help out where we can.

:welcome1:

Thanks Tony
We are certainly looking forward to the adventure. Have already had some exciting moments. Mike finished up in one of his cactus bushes today. You can guess who had to retrieve the drone lol. We are not expecting miracles, but really just want to have some fun as they say, and it has already begun. When the goggles go on then it will be on for young and old (probably more of the old).

cheers

Grant

G'day Keith
Thanks for the welcome. I am sure I am going to need your RC-help thanks. Google second due to my poor search skills lol.

cheers
Grant

Top Bottom