General Gearbest. Ohno!

Capn Pete

I have made two purchases from Gearbest. One heli and one drone. The heli came in fine. The drone, however, came in damaged. The FACTORY box looked like it had been used for soccer practice. The shipping box was pristine, so I knew it was damaged at the warehouse and they had sent it anyway.

I immediately notified Gearbest because the FPV monitor was hooped. Wouldn't even turn on. The drone flies fine (thank goodness). At first they were very nice. They immediately said they would send a new monitor, no charge and no need to send in the old one as "a gesture of good will". Each time I contacted them, it was like starting over. They wanted pictures of the same thing over and over. Long story short, they gave me the run around, back tracked on their promise and I was left with a drone with no monitor. They finally wore me down till I gave up. They won. They saved themselves about $20 and lost thousands in future sales as I will not buy from them again and neither will any of my friends that I have told them about this problem. I have since bought my own FPV monitor and made a Bohemian mount for it to attach to my TX and at least now I can see what my camera is aimed at.

So, my friends, caveat emptor. Beware of trying to get anything from customer support at Gearbest. And in case anyone thinks it was something I said, I was very nice to them and very grateful to them at first when they said they would help me. But the gloves have come off now. It's a shame, too because they have a lot of items I would still like to have. On another note, I have had a similar problem with Bangood. I bought a cheap little JJRC hexacopter that had a problem with run away and they wanted a video of it and wouldn't work with me until I sent one. How am I going to take a video of a drone as it runs away from me as I am working the TX? It was only $18 so I just did the antenna mod I found on YouTube and called it a day.

So in conclusion, I am spending more money buying from Amazon, but returns are quick, easy and a sure thing.

Tony

Staff member
And it is posts like this which are the main reason I want to get the Patreon support so that we don't have to mess with companies like this in the future. Instead of having stuff sent to me, I can just order it as a normal customer and do even more honest reviews than I do now. Meaning, reviews not only on the product, but also the company.

Capn Pete

I will be glad to help with support. Ya'll have been a big help to me and I am appreciative. How do I send you money? You can message me on FB or on email: shelbysnaps2@yahoo.com. Thanks, Tony and to all the guys who have responded to my questions. The info has been invaluable.

Top Bottom