380/420 Goblin 380 TX16s MKII

scrc511

Hello there Folks, finally got done with my 380 converted to 420. Upgrade the ESC to 80a as well. I’m using RadioMaster TX16s MKII, anyone maybe can suggest a good head speed setup for this Helicopter. Had to set my Radio’s throttle curve to 55 65 and 75 flat curve for now. Base on RC HELI TOOL BOX, 55% flat curve head speed at about 2412, 65% @ 2850 and 75% @ 3290.
Seem nice head speed, now I’m in the market for couple for flight packs 2200mah recommended for 420. Already have couple of GensAce 2200’s.

Thank you guys, appreciate it.

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
Smaller pulley will give more tail authority since it will be spinning faster. However, going form 380 to 420, you are going to be spinning the head slower, so the smaller pulley would be ideal IMO.

scrc511

Thanks Tony, good to hear from you. Hope all is well. Ok, so the conversion comes with 20t tail pulley so I’ll change it to that one then.

Tony

Staff member
Yea, if I was to update my 380 to 420, I would definitely go 20t. And all is great. Working way too much, but I work from home so don't have to deal with the outside world that has lost its mind LOL

scrc511

Yup, so true.
Smaller pulley will give more tail authority since it will be spinning faster. However, going form 380 to 420, you are going to be spinning the head slower, so the smaller pulley would be ideal IMO.
Yea, if I was to update my 380 to 420, I would definitely go 20t. And all is great. Working way too much, but I work from home so don't have to deal with the outside world that has lost its mind LOL
Hi Tony, update on my 380 stretched out to 420. Finally got done with it yesterday, hovered it today and so far so good. I did upgrade the ESC to 80a, same motor Xnova 930kv. Was very proud on how I set the tail mechanically, tail push rod according to the manual to be at approximately 522mm about 20.5 inches. The only thing, I haven’t change is the tail gain, left as is when I was flying it as 380. Still need to do the tail optimization, but need to be out in the field for that. It sounded amazing with a bit longer blades. According to RC HELI TOOL BOX @ 55% flat curve head speed @ 2412, 65% @ 2850 and 75% @ 3289 pretty good head speed I supposed and this is 120T main gear divided by 23T pinion I have in it.
Best regards Tony

Ricky

Top Bottom