450 Got to meet one of the best

James M. Lewis

Armed Forces
Good morning everyone, had the pleasure of meeting in person fran11784 :yahoo:and getting those 450 carrying cases. He only lives about 15 minutes from me and is an awesome guy. He has one of the neatest collection of helicopters and airplanes I've ever seen, can easy be mistaken for a small hobby shop that specializes in model aviation. The size and makeup of his birds show he knows his stuff and I envy him. I'm always want to learn how to be a better pilot and living near him is a plus. We had an interesting talk about how some who fly drones have hurt the overall hobby by not following the rules. We don't have many who fly heli's in this area and Rackman said the same is true in Utah. I'm so thankful for this forum.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
That's too cool when you can meet a member and get together to shoot the shit. I had the pleasure to meet and watch her fly Mrs. Geena Tucker :victorious:. I would love to see her in a competition meet. One day :). As for drones ruining the overall hobby, it's more like the idiots that don't care about safety. These flying machines aren't toys... they can hurt you. The problem is no common sense anymore just common stupidly :facepalm:

James M. Lewis

Armed Forces
In my book these folks don't deserve the title of pilot. We RC Helicopter pilots have that sense of pride in flying our birds safely. And those of us who also fly drones treat them with the same respect and professionalism as our helicopters. We know the full limitations of what our birds can/ can't do and don't take risk that endanger others.

Last edited:

Rackman

Hey that's awesome bud that you really got to meet him. There's nothing like talking and hanging with someone who know there stuff .. D.O.G is right though it's defiantly common sense when it comes to flying and being in a Safe Zone ,,but I have to say I have been fly and had a person or two just come out of nowhere at me .. :surprise:

James M. Lewis

Armed Forces
With fran1784 help and advice finally getting a better understand of FBL gyro systems. Guess I was too into my comfort zone with fly bar birds. Not as bad as I thought it to be :peaceful:

Tony

Staff member
Yea, I was leery of going flybarless, as was most people, including Bert Kammerer and I think Allan Szabo Jr. Just way too used to something that has been around decades. Now though, they have been out so long that even the super cheap clone systems are super stable and I think easier to fly than flybar helicopters. I still have some flybar heli's on the wall, 3 as a matter of fact not including my OG mSR lol.

James M. Lewis

Armed Forces
Thanks Tony for your kind words. I'm real lucky to have fran11784 assisting me. Definitely a happy camper. Also been watching his you tube: fran11784.

Top Bottom