greetings from long island

gadget47

greetings all, took the plunge on a new heli-sab kraken 580 nitro, and figured i should update my knowledge of this hobby as well, so here i am
looking forward to the many questions/answers/ discussions here in this forum

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
:welcome1: to the forum gadget47. Ask away on anything. No such thing as a dumb question here. But I do have one for you...I hope that new sab kraken 580 nitro isn't your first heli :scratchchin:

gadget47

No its not, it is however, my first fbl heli. I currently own (besides my SAB),a Raptior v2 50, 2 trex 450 se. I'm also a avid fixed wing pilot into stunt and general good flying bi-planes.

gadget47

This is the before pic- I got 4 fuel tanks flight time (crazy responsive machine too) before what looks like a sevo failure on the swashplate

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Oh yeah very nice :drool::banana::chickendance:Thanks for sharing. How about a video if you can of that bad boy in action :notworthy:

gadget47

i begged for this one! (not ashamed to say) im not a 3d pilot-yet. i fly ,loops,rolls, tail stalls and flips, autos, just started inverted hovering before i stopped in the hobby 12 yrs ago. getting back into it now (this past year). i only have hovering time on the new machine- had problems with setups and now servo failure (from about 15 ft up in a hover) i should have most of it back together in a few weeks after Christmas:moody: I have to say, this kraken is like a ferrari, and my other helis are just chevys :) i just hope i can keep the repair bills to a minimum!. I rather like the engineering of the whole k 580 design, even though its not crash (me) proof. What section of the forum should i go into for pics and videos of my airport and others?

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
You can post up on flight logs, videos, pictures and stories. I'm not crash proof either. My xlpower 550 is a blast to fly and not to bad on parts for those oh shit moments.

gadget47

Thanks, repair parts on the way. The biggest expense is i need 4 of the 5 servos- 1 torq stnd servo bl80704t, and 3 torq cl1208. Not impressed with their durability and looking for something else.

Top Bottom