DIY Happymodel Larva X canopy

Tony

Staff member
I'm glad you can keep things stuck to your printer bed. I'm at the point of wanting to toss this printer in the scrap pile... Nothing is sticking. Of course, I have not done much with it, but yes, I do clean the bed. Maybe we should have a 3d section in here...

bigone5500

I have good luck by taking a micro fiber cloth and isopropyl alcohol and clean the bed thoroughly. You may need a new build plate.

bigone5500

Oh, but some things I print do not stay stuck. I have found I can print a brim to give it more surface area to hold on with.

Tony

Staff member
I have tried the IPA trick, and my plate is not that old.... My next thing to try is that spray adhesive.

And yes, I have tried the brim as well, sometimes with up to 20 lines on each side. Still pulled.

bigone5500

I have been having issues with the nozzle rubbing the part during infill. However I haven't tried after printing my bed supports.

Tony

Staff member
Yea, I need to dive into the custom programming and see if I can do something to keep it from rubbing. This, I think, is the same issue that I'm having. And yes, I'm doing the Z hop, and Z retraction when the head needs to move to another location. Takes longer, but seems to make it do a little better.

Did you see the new 3D Printer section? If you want, I can move your threads in there. Just reply in the ones you want moved, and I will get them moved.

bigone5500

To make it easy, if you can, just move the ones you see fit. I'm good with it. Thanks for the new section!

Top Bottom