Hello From California

LearnTheHardway

Hi everyone , my name's Matt , not new to r/c but fairly new to r/c aircraft....i purchased a couple of lightly used heli's from a friend to learn on because of an ever growing interest in helicopters , especially after watching some more experienced pilots doing some intense stunt flying, so i started with a rtf heli which is a Blade sr and i've quickly become bored with it , so i started setting up this older t-rex 450 pro that was converted to flybarless.....and what a long walk down an empty road that has been....i've learned a lot so far just by searching on google and watching video's on youtube , but still have much to learn which is why i joined this forum

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Welcome Hardway. Another good way to learn is to invest in a simulator. Especially jumping up to the 450 class or bigger. Great way to learn and easy on the wallet when it comes to crashing, which will happen. Any questions, don't be afraid to ask. Great girls and guys on here to help in any way! :)

Tony

Staff member
I will second getting a sim to practice on. You are lucky though, you are right there where a lot of businesses sell this stuff!

Welcome to the forum!

:welcome1:

Admiral

Welcome to the forum Hardway, your journey has just begun, the simulator is defiantly the way to go, then on the real thing take small steps, over confidence is a killer.

LearnTheHardway

Thank you ....definitely not over confident....even if the only thing i've ever crashed was a highschool house party....still quite modest given the circumstances......:jk:

Tony

Staff member
We all try to push ourselves too far too fast and have a huge reality check. Most times because you did something and destroyed a helicopter. My last one was quite a while back when I power-drove my 450 SE-V2 into the ground under full power. Tried something new without practicing on the sim first and it bit me. Just one of those things that happens in the hobby. Just like it says in my sig, Every flight is a Test and every Crash is a Lesson. You just have to learn from it.

LearnTheHardway

i know it's going to happen , and i fully prepared for it , i've got enough spare parts for the T-rex to build 4 more just like it......i just try to keep my confidence up so when i do crash , i dont turn into Archie bunker and throw a fit.

Top Bottom