Hello from the prairie

flyachopper1

Hello all,
Just signed up and have been reading the posts. I hope to be able to contribute to the wealth of knowledge here. I am a veteran RCer of nearly 30 years. I run cars, trucks, planes and helis. I'm a retired professional helicopter pilot (full scale). Owned a flying service for a long time and about a year ago decided to sell out and become a professional loafer. I have a large collection of Align helis and fly them often. I still buy and build the cars, trucks and helis. Not so much the planes anymore. My ground vehicles include a Losi Nascar pavement nitro car, Traxxas Slasher, T-Maxx, Bandit and a Rustler. All nitro. And, two Traxxas Stampedes. One nitro and one electric. My planes are a bunch of "mutants" I have put together over the years. My helis are one nitro Align 700, one 700 electric, one 600 nitro and one electric, two 500 electrics, two 450 electrics and a 250 electric. I still have the first heli I bought back in the 70s. It's a GMP Cricket nitro. I just finished rebuilding that one back to new condition. It now graces the shelf over my workbench on display. I learned to fly the helis by the seat of my pants as there were no other flyers in my area back in the 70s. After a lot of crashing and rebuilding I got to where I could keep one in the air. I fly 3D, but prefer sport flying. I hope to get to know the members here and trade some good info.

Tony

Staff member
:welcome1:

Sounds like you have quite the selection over there. Would love to see some pics of the collection. I'm sure you will fit in really well around here.

If you don't mind, what kind of helicopters did you fly?

Lee

Welcome, Show us your toys :D Pics and videos. I would love a 700, but it would take up half my appartment LOL

Peter Neal

Welcome Flyachopper1,

Really looking forward to reading what you might post as you probably epitomise what most of us rc heli flyers would actually like to pilot i.e. THE REAL THING!
:bee:

Top Bottom