Projects Help for Binding Spektrum 8020T receiver using Align ESC RCE-BL50X

jdelajaraf

Hi everyone, hope you can help me with my issue. I'm building a new Align Trex 470 LT kit. I have a Spektrum DX8 G2 radio. Since the radio did not come with a receiver I bought the Spektrum 8020T 8-channel receiver. I'm stuck with the wiring to connect the receiver with the ESC RCE-BL50X and MicroBeast Plus that were included in the kit. I'm following the 5-part video building series from EnterpriseHobby. I'm confused with the way I have to connect the components and the battery so I can bind the receiver to the Radio, since the receiver does not have any description in the chanels side just the number from 1 to 8. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Attachments

• image2.jpg
    image2.jpg
    139.9 KB · Views: 4
  • image1.jpg
    image1.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 3

buel williams

Hi everyone, hope you can help me with my issue. I'm building a new Align Trex 470 LT kit. I have a Spektrum DX8 G2 radio. Since the radio did not come with a receiver I bought the Spektrum 8020T 8-channel receiver. I'm stuck with the wiring to connect the receiver with the ESC RCE-BL50X and MicroBeast Plus that were included in the kit. I'm following the 5-part video building series from EnterpriseHobby. I'm confused with the way I have to connect the components and the battery so I can bind the receiver to the Radio, since the receiver does not have any description in the chanels side just the number from 1 to 8. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Instead of using the 8020t you can use a spektrum remote receiver with adapter cost like 40 bucks and it will bind right up.

RandyDSok

I'm going to just cover some general stuff since I'm not a heli guy nor do I use any gyro's... so go by what the others say on those areas.

Your ESC that you have is actually an ESC/BEC.... The ESC is short for electronic speed controller... the BEC is short for battery elimination circuit. So what you need to know is that it is what attaches to a throttle channel and it supplies the power for the reciever and servo's. So the wire coming from the ESC ( the little 3 conductor one ) plugs into your throttle channel on your receiver. On a Spectrum RC system, channel 1 is the throttle... on a Futaba, it is on channel 4 as one alternate example. Make certain you are plugging the ESC/BEC in the proper direction or you risk burning out the receiver.

The first 4-6 channels on a particular brand radio/receiver are typically set to certain functions... like the throttle being on 1 for Spectrum radios/receivers... channels 5 and 6 are kind of standardized but can be used for other things... and all channels after that are user assignable depending on your needs, in short there are no standard things they are used for you can do with them what you want. On most computerized radios, you can typically assign any channel where ever you want although what I said previously are the standards.

For a Spectrum's first 6 channels... the following image shows the standard layout.... I suspect your radio's manual has a very similar diagram for channel assignments. I found the following using a simple google search.

Spectrum_Channels.JPG

Binding to your radio will be done the way the manual for your receiver states... I suspect it's like what is shown above where you short a couple of pins on the battery/bind pins but it may be a button also.

What Bud Williams is likely right ( remember, I don't know but I've seen similar mentioned a lot on here )... You can likely have used just a satellite receiver and used a single wire to connect to the gyro and would be all good after doing the setup for the gyro. In fact, you can probably do the same with the receiver you have ( use a single wire connection ) instead of using all of the servo wires. The main difference in the two setups is the added weight ( and cost ) the receiver you got has vs the satellite. Not being a heli/gyro guy... I'll let others that actually have setup those help in that area.

jdelajaraf

Hi, unfortunately I was wrong, though I could power the Microbeast thru the receiver I have not been able to achieve the MB recognize my transmitter (Spenktrum DX8 G2) despite the fact that the receiver is bound to the transmitter. I'm using one of the standard cable that came with the MB to connect to the receiver channel 2 port to AIL/Ch 5 of the MB. I have attached a picture of the wiring I'm using. I'm not using a SXRL2 cable. Can you help me with this issue?. Thanks.

Attachments

• pic1.jpg
    pic1.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 6

buel williams

Hi, unfortunately I was wrong, though I could power the Microbeast thru the receiver I have not been able to achieve the MB recognize my transmitter (Spenktrum DX8 G2) despite the fact that the receiver is bound to the transmitter. I'm using one of the standard cable that came with the MB to connect to the receiver channel 2 port to AIL/Ch 5 of the MB. I have attached a picture of the wiring I'm using. I'm not using a SXRL2 cable. Can you help me with this issue?. Thanks.
In the user guide it looks like you use the wires that came with the unit even the split wire. But I use a remote receiver on all my flybarless units. It one wire,easy,takes less room and cost less.

Top Bottom