Quad Help Please With Omnibus F4 Betaflight 3.2.0 Osd Stm32f405rgt6 Flight Controller

Good evening everyone,
I have just received a new Omnibus F4 Betaflight 3.2.0 Osd Stm32f405rgt6 Flight Controller. Omnibus F4 BetaFlight 3.2.0 OSD STM32F405RGT6 & Dedicated PDB 2-6S.jpg
I am hoping to combine this with a Flysky FS-IA6B receiver to use to link my Flysky transmitter to a simulator via Betaflight.

Being very new to the RC game I would like some direction as to where I solder the receiver wires to the board. From what I can see there is only a single PPM label, but there are paired holes and labels. RX1 is the inner label and PPM the outer near the edge of the board. Is the PPM hole the one near the edge of the board and are the ground and 5V the holes immediately adjacent to this the ones I solder the extra wires to.
Any advice would be really appreciated.
cheers
Grant

G'day D.O.G.
Thanks for the welcome and info.
The FC I have is subtly different from the one I posted in the pic. I purchased my board from Bangood a couple of weeks ago, and I think it is probably a clone.
On the packet it says Omnibus F4 FPV V1 Betaflight F4SD 3.2.0, but on the board it is labelled Betaflight F4 and next to status it has V2 therefore I am not sure of the version due to the labeling.
cheers
Grant

Tony

Staff member
Grant, one thing to keep in mind is, just because the pins are next to each other on these boards, doesn't mean they are paired. They are packing so many things into these boards that they use ever square MM to get as much functionality out of them that they can. If you can post a picture of your actual FC, it will help us help you in wiring it up. Otherwise, we are shooting in the dark since some will put v3 on a v2 board just to make it look like a better deal. It's china for ya lol.

Omnibus F4 FPV V1 Betaflight F4SD 3.2.0 flight controller (2) (800x800).jpg G'day everyone,
I did not realise the subtleties with the boards. I thought the board I put up was the same, but with a different name. I have two pictures here of the front and back of my board. Omnibus F4 FPV V1 Betaflight F4SD 3.2.0 flight controller (1) (800x800).jpg
Thanks for the direction so far everyone. Any further advice will be most appreciated.
cheers

Grant

Tony

Staff member
It's always better to look at the actual board. Sometimes they have to change something around because of a bad trace inside the board or something and they have to assign different pins to the IC to different pads and such.

But on the back of yours, it says V1.0 and it says V2..... Very interesting lol. Either way, we now see the pinout.

I think (very strong word there), that you just need 5v, ground and PPM for sbus. But I will call @murankar in here since he has messed with that Tx way more than I have. I'm a spektrum guy lol.

murankar

Staff member
Which flysky do you have? My experience is with the TH9x with openTX and other variants.

I have not used openTx since 2014. So I may not have all the info you want or need.

Tony

Staff member
I really need to get other Tx's and Rx's so that I can test all of this. The pins may be in different positions, but at least I could test it and find out where it would go. Now if I could just win the lotto so that I could purchase everything I need lmao.

murankar

Staff member
Flysky RX's are just like Specktrum RXs. When ever I programmed my radio for heli I was able to follow all the DX8 and DX9 videos.

So really the question is what FC do you have and what's the correct pin out for that FC. Once you know that then its a matter of plugging in wires. Now if this is a single wire set up like Futaba's FHSS then I am of no help. My flysky RXs don't support single wire comms.

G'day Guys, thanks again for your help.

My transmitter is a Flysky FS-i6
My receiver is a Flysky FS-iA6B
The FC is the omnibus F4 in the pictures above.

I hope this helps with selecting the pin out for the receiver.

cheers

Grant

murankar

Staff member
Okay so I finally had some time to look at this. What I have found so far is that the RX is iBus. I am guessing its single wire communication like the sBus (FHSS) Futaba stuff. So my next thing to look at is the FC and how to set up single wire on your radio and receiver.

murankar

Staff member
So I saw a video earlier When I am still no closer to finding an answer for you. Still searching though.

If ibus is in fact is single wire communication the you will need to activate it in the radio, I know that that for sure. What in have not figured out is if it needs to be rebound to the RX if you do switch it..

I also found that if the FC supports beta flight you will need to make sure things are working as they should once hooked up.

Time for the FC research.

Top Bottom