Misc. Help With Phoenix Simulator Software

Tom Meyer

Hi all,
I am new to this forum due to the issue I am having with using the Phoenix R/C 5.5 Pro flight simulator. I have not used in 3 or 4 years and I hooked up and started the program and it wouldn't connect with my Sprectrum DX 6i transmitter which I had never had an issue using with it. I uninstalled all of the simulator files and reinstalled and get all the way to transmitter setup and it doesn't recognize the transmitter. I am looking for help. I am using Windows 10

Hope I can thanks someone for getting me up and going.

Tom

RandyDSok

I can't help much since I don't own/use Phoenix... but I do know whomever can possibly help will need to know how you are connecting the transmitter to the computer... are you using a wireless connection or a wired one.

If you use a USB cable in the connection, make sure it's a data/power USB type and not a power only USB cable.

Tom Meyer

I can't help much since I don't own/use Phoenix... but I do know whomever can possibly help will need to know how you are connecting the transmitter to the computer... are you using a wireless connection or a wired one.

If you use a USB cable in the connection, make sure it's a data/power USB type and not a power only USB cable.
I am connecting the usb cable designed to plug into the trainer input on the back. The usb cable is designed just for that purpose. Everything worked fine but something changed in the few years it has been since I got it out.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Hey there Tom and welcome. It's not you. Phoenix has stop updating software a little while back. I have the same problem. The best thing to do is invest in a different flight simulator like real flight.

Tom Meyer

Hey there Tom and welcome. It's not you. Phoenix has stop updating software a little while back. I have the same problem. The best thing to do is invest in a different flight simulator like real flight.

Not what I wanted to hear but it makes sense. I haven't used it for quite a while. Thanks for your update

Tony

Staff member
Yea, when Horizon was purchased, they stopped the backing of Phoenix Flight Sim. I for one was not happy about that as I thought it was a fantastic simulator. I even downloaded all of the files to see if I could get a small server working so that RCH members could still get online. But, was unsuccessful unfortunately. I as well am looking for a new sim and really thinking about NEXT. Just not sure yet.

Tom Meyer

Yea, when Horizon was purchased, they stopped the backing of Phoenix Flight Sim. I for one was not happy about that as I thought it was a fantastic simulator. I even downloaded all of the files to see if I could get a small server working so that RCH members could still get online. But, was unsuccessful unfortunately. I as well am looking for a new sim and really thinking about NEXT. Just not sure yet.
Thanks for the reply. You can never depend upon software in the long run.

Tony

Staff member
I just wish that they would have allowed this to be open software. But, no such luck. Can't even get in touch with anyone that has the source code to where I could create a private server.... Unfortunate.

Top Bottom