Here is a video of some flying, after tail adjustments

murankar

Staff member
Went for a fly early this afternoon. This is the video I took of the second battery. I think I had made one or two adjustments during the third battery also. If you read the caption under the video it will explain what I did and where my settings are as of right now. I also need to put some left trim in the cyclic so it lifts squarely off the ground. Youtube also did a lighting adjustment on the video, not sure how that came out yet.

[video=youtube_share;ipf8E1DASbI]http://youtu.be/ipf8E1DASbI[/video]

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Good job flying dude!!! Very very good!! That was real steady. Looks like a good tune on the setup. Keep it up man!!

murankar

Staff member
The tail still has a slight bounce every once in a while. Other than that I think it is set except for the bit of trim yet. I will find out tomorrow.

Oh and thanks Gaba!

Last edited:

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
I can tell you a fix (of nothing else works)... See if this works... Change throttle curve to 0-30-70-70-70 (or 80-80-80)

Higher head and constant speed will mean more locked in cyclic feel and rail will not be fighting both throttle and pitch at the same time. Will be more locked in..

Just an advice... See if you are comfortable with it.. :)

murankar

Staff member
I think the bobbing I had was due to the slight breeze I had. The wind was right to left and I think it was causing the tail to drift and then it would correct. Hypothesis only.

Lee

Nice flying. You said you need left trim on take off. The heli naturally wants to go left on take off. You also said the wind was right to left. So i dont think you need to use left trim. Try flying with the wind on the other side and see if it still drifts left? I'm guessing it will be fine.

murankar

Staff member
On take off the left skid lifts first then the right. That's what I am basing it on. When I get out tomorrow I will check after it is in the air. If it drifts to the right with no stick then I will fix it. Right now I am waiting for this swash level gauge to get here so I can see if the swash is close to level. I am curious just because of how much left trim I have had to put into it.

Oh BTW that was really me flying not the wind pushing it around like in the past. The wind today was more like a breeze that would kick up every once in a while. My goal for the next few weeks is to try and fly either in a circle or a box with tail in. Work on getting a better grip on control while moving around.

Lee

Good job. If you want to check your swash before the tool arrives, a cheap way is to take a zip tie and strap it round the mainshaft. Cut it down to just next to your ball links. Line it up with one link, then turn the blades to align the tie with the other two ball links. This will give you a guide as to which one is high or low. :)

murankar

Staff member
I tried that and in the end they were close. I found a video of the tip on youtube and when I first did it I had a heck of time with keeping the zip tie at close to the swash. Maybe I will try it again and see if I get different results. I have a hard time with eyeballing things like this.

murankar

Staff member
Thanks Adam, it's been happening with a bunch of wet palms at the end. I am slowly losing the edginess that comes with flying these bigger models. I have been attempting to stay with the baby steps for now. I will much more time later for the walking and running phases later. My goal is to push myself with out crashing. it's been a few weeks now with out the training wheels so to speak and it is getting easier by the day. All I can say is keep the practicing up and don't quit. I am still fearful of nose in and have not even tried side in yet. Although I am getting closer to side in.

Any how Thanks and happy flying

Top Bottom