Hi everyone from all over the us!

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Hello. They call me Breeze! My name is Sam. I am A trucker, hence all over the us. LOL. I have A T Rex 600 ESP and A Blade SR 120. Just got into the RC over this last winter. I flew wire plans when I was A kid. LOL. Want to get A 450 for indoor flying over the winter. I also have a few RC planes. Tony this is for you. I am in process of looking through your utube videos. I'm using A DX7. Do you have any setup suggestions for it? Sam.

Tony

Staff member
:welcome1:

Unfortunately, I do not have any setup instructions for the DX7. I have been thinking about getting one though, but fat lot of good that does you now lol.

I bet that 600 takes up the whole bunk in that truck lmao. But, that SR should be nice at the truckstops to drive the lot lizards nuts hahaha. I used to drive truck for 10 years before I decided it was time for a change and got into law enforcement.

Oh, and wire planes, man those were fun. But only as long as you didn't puke lol. Cause there was no "off" button hahaha.

I will suggest this. If you are looking for an indoor flyer, I would suggest the mCP-X. The 450 is pretty big, and not really made for indoor. But, I guess if you are in a gym, it would be fine. And like I do with everyone, I would suggest the HK450GT if you are set on a 450.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Thanks! The 450 is the biggest we are aloud to fly indoors. We fly at A hi school gym over the winter mts. I have tried to fly the 120 outside a few times. It just plane takes off in the wind. LOL. Since I am A beginner. My though was to get used to hovering the 450 indoors. Get all my basic moves down to reflex. LOL. I hope to be able to 3d my 600 next summer. The mCP-X is on the list too. I have been holding off on it. There is A recall on them. The blades are coming off and causing injuries to people. There is A replacement pair of blade grips out but Horizon Hobby pulled all of the helis off the shelf. Soon has the problem os solved I'll be getting one. Sam

Tony

Staff member
Yup, I'm fully aware of that issue with the mcpx lol. I was flying mine on abotu the 20th battery, and teh blade just came flying off lol. Heli dropped like a rock. But, I filled out the paperwork, and they send me the upgraded version of the grips. I couldn't be happier with this little guy.

And it's nice hta tyou get to fly in a gym, I would love that. Me and the 250 would have a blast in there lol. Can't wait to see some pics of your helis. But, I'm sure that you are out for a couple weeks at a time.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
I used to be out for 2/3week at A time. No longer, after 25 years of running coast to coast, I have been hauling steel between Buffalo and Chicago, through Mi and Ontario for the last 6. Now I get home weekends. I realized last fall when I decided to get into this, I needed to find A RC club to join and get help. LOL. Best thing I ever did. Now I get help from the guys when they are around. I usually crash when they aren't. Oh well. I see your in a chat with someone. Should probably take this there but I don't want to interup you guys. Sam

Tony

Staff member
Come on in, it's open to everyone 24/7. Just click on the chat button on the nav bar.

Top Bottom