Hi Guys, I’m New Here From The Uk And A Keen Rc Modeller

DarrellW

I’m 68 years old coming 18 been an R&D engineer most of my working life and love making things out of things you would usually throw away!
I play with things that fly, ground and water vehicles plus I have an active interest in design of things that save energy such as Water heating, wind power and LED lighting applications. I also play guitar and am learning a bit of piano and have recently started painting with Acrylics, as you might guess I don’t get bored!!! In fact it’s good therapy for my Fibromyalgia, I’ve had it a while now, been on some pretty strong drugs for the pain but nothing helped - off them all now and feeling very much better! Looking forward to contributing and picking a few brains

Last edited:

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Hello DarrellW and :welcome1:. You definitely keep your self busy :coffee: Post up some pics of your RC collection :huepfenicon111:

Admiral

Welcome to the forum Darrell, I'm sure you will find help here when you need it and be able to help others with your unique range of knowledge.

Blade 400

I’m 68 years old coming 18 been an R&D engineer most of my working life and love making things out of things you would usually throw away!
I play with things that fly, ground and water vehicles plus I have an active interest in design of things that save energy such as Water heating, wind power and LED lighting applications. I also play guitar and am learning a bit of piano and have recently started painting with Acrylics, as you might guess I don’t get bored!!! In fact it’s good therapy for my Fibromyalgia, I’ve had it a while now, been on some pretty strong drugs for the pain but nothing helped - off them all now and feeling very much better! Looking forward to contributing and picking a few brains
Hi DarrellW, Welcome to the forum too :thumbsup:

I`m a new member also and have been made very welcome already - Other members have helped me a lot :biggrin1:

I`m an ex- Aerospace Fitter Turner / Quality Engineer and had a small Property maintenance business which I retired from in 2010
I share a few of your interests, Guitar (Acoustic) & Painting with water colours and I also like Golf. I too try to have as low a carbon impact as possible.
My health gripe is Diabetes but its much improved since I lost weight recently and I stick to a low carb diet.
I hope to be able to fly my E-flite Blade 400 Helicopter by the end of this year, I`ve just bought the Clearview Flight Sim which Is a big help,

All the best,

Blade 400 (Derek)

Top Bottom