HK 500 GT just rolled over and died

zapster

Well i was just doing a little hop up, adjusting the gyro, hovered for about a minute,landed,Daughter in law came
out"Hey thats pretty cool" spun it up just started to lift off and just like getting clocked in the side of the head,
the 500 in a milisecond was on its right side,a 2.5 inch piece of the blade tip that flew off just missed us by a few feet
feet you could hear wizz through the trees and leaves.OK so i,ve crash them all now but this one was some kind of
mechanical failure.One of the short links that feather the blade was ripped at the ball and the left side alieron
servo arm tip where the ball mounts ripped off,so with that your guess is as good as mine.What caused it to roll ?

DSC00112.jpg

Tony

Staff member
that is still less impressive than my crash... Mine ripped the tail off and shattered teh canopy hahaha.

Plug the battery back in and check the servos. I'm wondering if your Rx pack didn't die on you, or if a servo burnt out. The ball ends will rip out in a crash, it just happens.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
that sucks man!! but yeah definately better than what happened to tony's... lol boom, blade and servo horn (hopefully not rx and servo)

zapster

Hey thanks guys i feel a whole lot better now,lol.Tonys crash was better and not as bad at the same time,thats it i cant work in this storm !!!

zapster

all the servos still work fine i think the ball link to the blade grip came off as if that happens that blade is going to either be forced up or down and mine went down into the tail boom, OUCH ! Either the washout or mixing arms are to tight,swash is to stiff.

Paulster2

I am El Taco!
Looks like my ERazor does ... except now it is just a bare shell. I have the HK450GT built, just need to get the tweaks done to it.

Ghostflyer1

On my old radio before the Aurora 9 one servo would not initialize properly until I plugged the battery in the second time. Then everything would be fine. When I moved it to the aurora that went away. *glitch in the reciever im guessing* Anyways Im glad no one was hurt.

Top Bottom