HK450GT Forward Flight

Adam

It was a little windy but i decided to open my wings and fly. Ive been hitting the sim alot lately and it is really paying off. Im still chicken to do nose in. I do it fine on the sim but i dont want to screw up outside. In time i will though. If you look at the trees it was a little more windy than i thought. Enjoy guys.
[video=youtube_share;jreOeGVzfLM]http://youtu.be/jreOeGVzfLM[/video]

Lee

Very good Adam. Smooth flying. If you do decide to go nose in, i would take it up a bit higher. Like the height of those trees, to give yourself room to recover from any dumb thumb moments.

Adam

Thanks guys im really starting to show some skills after 4 months of scratching my head lol. My wife just came out and started recording it without telling me lol and once i knew she was i got a little nervous. but what a rush

Tony

Staff member
Getting nervous is what will cause you to crash. I was flying great today and I went a little far out, dark clouds moved in with my glasses on and I lost orientation of my plane. All of that nervous tension came back out since I thought I had lost that plane, and worse yet, I thought I was going to lose it over a very busy highway. thankfully I was able to figure out what direction it was facing (the wind was taking it when I was coming around for final) and bring it back to me.

Moral of the story is, even when you are flying, and especially before you fly, just take a deep breath and get your bearings again. I saw in your video when you sat it down you did it out of haste when you should have just went into a solid hover, taken a breath and went again lol. We have all been there bro, adn you are doing great.

Adam

Ummm ya I meant to still be flying. You got me tony. Ya the wind blew it down on me and i shut her down on the ground to make it look like i landed hard haha. I have had three flights like this this weekend. I still havent gotten my thrust bearings in to see if that fixes my idle up issue but thats ok cause im not ready for it yet anyways. When they do com in thought im replacing the main shaft and feathering shaft cause they have taken a beating since i built this heli. Im surprised i haven't bent either of them yet lol.

murankar

Staff member
Hey your doin great. I just started doing boxes and circles; kinda. I am still tail in for now, I did go nose in a couple times and had some issues. I fly fine in the sim but in real life not so much. anyhow keep up the practice and in time you will be fly like the pros.

Adam

Im working on it sam we all wish to be there someday. But it takes alot of practice and mistakes to get there lol.

Top Bottom