600 hk600gt setup help please.

brad

hi too all, im having problems figuring out the different pitches i need to get this bird in the air. i would like to set it up for a beginner. im hovering for now. any help would be highly appreciated.

RandyDSok

I don't fly heli's ... but I do find info pretty well ( using search etc )... so here is some info to get you started.

First an article ( found in the top menu area,, separated from the main forum area ) about general heli setup for 250 - 600 sized heli's. Why not something specific to your HK600GT, because like many clones, a lot of them are based on Align's heli's only they are made with cheap parts ... 3 Setting Up Your Helicopter

And just to give you more general info, here is the "Flight School" area found in the article section that touches on just about anything... Rc-Help Flight School

For even more info about a ton of subjects ... Tony ( the forum owner ) has made a ton of video's available on YouTube over the last 13-14 years or so. Your question about pitches are answered in the first video and article but others will probably have their own two cents as well that they will throw in.

James M. Lewis

Armed Forces
Hi Brad, and welcome to the forum:peaceful:. It's very important to make sure your servo arms to swash plate are set at 90 degrees and the swash plate itself is level. These control the different functions needed in flight; pitch, elevator, aileron and rudder. Best regards, Jim

brad

hi jim, wish i could find someone close by that would be willing to set it up , i wouldnt exspect it be done for free. cost is no problem.

RandyDSok

i should have just bought one bind/fly. thats what i might end up doing.

You need to develop more skepticism in marketing. While Plug-n-Play ( often referred to as plug-n-pray ) , Bind-n-Fly sound like it is a ready to go in reality you still have to do the setup, tweaking and tuning any aircraft needs. The settings are sort of close but not really. Nothing mass produced is made with the tolerances required to make them flyable right out of a box and even if they were that precise, they'd still need the tweaking and tuning portion. I'm not even talking about the subjective preferences that each pilot does have.

Next let's discuss the quality control that isn't seen in mass produced products. The number of stories I've read of users that believed the marketing and then lost their model aircraft is common. Not to mention the number of crashes caused by defective products, while less common than the poorly done mass setups... are still a thing. Pilots that order bespoke ( custom ) models that are setup and preflight tested by professionals... still are required to tweak and tune their aircraft after they receive them. There is no way a mass produced model can even come close to what pro builders aren't able to provide.

When you receive a new model, you still must go completely though the model to make sure you see no defects, that all screws and bolts are tightened and lock tighted properly not to mention the rest of a proper setup for the radio.

James M. Lewis

Armed Forces
Hi Brad, don't be discourage my friend. I know there's a fellow experience RC pilot or two who live near you:beerchug:. And also there might be a local RC flying club that's always looking for new members:peaceful:. Another source of getting information is AMA that has a list of them in every state. The internet and You Tube are a great resource vehicle to help you along. Also as RandyDSok mention earlier the founder of the forum Tony, has put together endless hours of information to tap into. Don't discount a hobby store like Hobby Town, they too can help you in connecting with the right person(s). I've met some of the greatest folks thru the forum who live locally and across the country. I'm 75 years old and never had so much fun in the hobby:banana:. Plus still learning something new all the time. Best regards, Jim

Top Bottom