Spektrum How to bind a 9XR Pro to a Spectrum Receiver

Motorhomer

I've got a 9XR Pro radio that has sat around for at least 3 years. Any ways, I've got the gold internal module with Telemetry, installed on the back. I've looked online and ordered a 4 in 1 module that should be here soon. My question is, can't I bind to a Spectrum 6 channel rec. without the 4 in 1 module? And if I can, How???

Smoggie

No you cant bind a 9XR pro to a Spektrum receiver without using an external DSM2/DSMX module. The 9XR Pro internal RF module uses FlySky AFHDS 2A Protocol which is not compatible with Spektrum DSM2/X

In layman's terms the 9XR speaks a language that the Spektrum receiver doesn't understand, so the two cant communicate with each other. The external DSM2/X module is required so that the transmitter and receiver can communicate in the same language.

RandyDSok

Binding info... will depend on several things from what I've read. I only briefly looked at some of the info available since a lot will depend on the firmware version you have installed and I'm under the impression there are many possibilities on that part alone.

From what I've read, at the least, the firmware that comes with the radio doesn't have a bind option for the various modules that can be used with the radio. This info could easily be outdated so I'd recommend you first find out the revision you have on your radio and find out specific info pertaining to it. I'll typically just do a dry run through all of the settings I find and then read through a set of instructions about that revision.

What I read concerning the other open source firmwares also stated that the different versions have different options available. So again, you need to find out which one best fits your own needs and install that version so your 4 in 1 module will be fully utilized. It is these open source versions that will provide you with a bind option in them, but again each differs a little so specific steps will depend on which version you choose.

On the reciever you choose... most will have a bind plug that you use to put it in bind mode, I've also seen some that use a button but the concept is the same. Either place a bind plug onto the pins stated for your reciever... or push the bind button depending on the one you have.

Here is a set of instructions for at least one of the open source firmwares as well as a video about it... it also has some version of firmware listed for download but it didn't state version info. See Turnigy 9XR Pro: 4in1 Multi Protocol Module All in One Radio Transmitter

Top Bottom