I finally broke down and bought Clearview

sarconastic

I have been messing with the Clearview SE and BMI's sim and finally got completely bored with the ones I was using, plus I needed time on a tail dragger. BMI/Rc Desk wasn't good enough for me, its is nice for what it is but I needed more. I can't afford Phoenix or Real Flight right now. Maybe int eh future.

I just went ahead and paid the $40 for the entire program. Killer at the least. Just what you get to start is worth the forty bucks. But then I went and added the user created content. Holy crap over 100 planes dozens of fields to fly from. it is awesome.

I spent 4 hours flying last night and it was worth it. Getting my old control back and relearning to orient myself. I read in another post where someone said to make sure you don't treat it as a video game. This is oh so true. I was getting so board with the one plane and the other sims that I was doing stupid crap instead of concentrating on learning. Now I can concentrate on the differences in aircraft an learn to compensate for that as well. I just wish someone would make a Model of the RC help Trainer for it lol.

WOody

Tony

Staff member
Clearview is a great step up from something like FMS which is pure crap IMO. But, FMS has it's uses. One, it's free and comes with some of the cheap heli's and planes. And it will teach you orientation. But, in FMS you can fly a CP heli hands off, and this is just unrealistic. Clearview was the first sim I purchased as well and it's great for a $40 sim. I now own all 3 (clearview, phoenix and realflight) and realflight is my favorite. Phoenix is great to get online with friends since more people have it. But clearview is just awesome for the price.

As for creating the RCH Trainer, I will have to look into this. Might have to send Stephan an email and have him reset my account lol.

donles

Are you using the Dynam usb simulator controller that Clearview links on their site?
I've looked at Clearview but the transmitter part is confusing. What options are there for transmitter input?

Tony

Staff member
As far as I know, any controller that you can hook up to a computer, you can use. I will check the realflight controller here in a little bit.

donles

They'll solve the purpose. Yes they are cheap but they work fine with the clearview system

Good, thanks.

Sounds like the Dynam is the best way to evaluate Clearview. I've been using my son's Phoenix/DX6i but he's due to take it back in a week.

sarconastic

I am using the Voltanex transmitter I got off of amazon, its $20 Shipped t your door if you have prime. I also ordered the cable for my FlySky FS-t6 and hope to see how well it works in a few days. I have a regular joystick controller, kind of like an xbox controller for the pc, but the control was a lot more finicky with it. One thing I think will be better with the real radio being used is that you can use your trim settings. Even with calibration the cheap controller always seem to have some added yaw or pitch that it a pain to fly through. The software doesn't let you tweak it either.

Amazon.com: 6CH FMS Flight Simulator USB RC Airplane R/C Helicopter Training Kit: Toys & Games

So far I like the sim a lot.

WOody

Top Bottom