I Finally Found It!

Tony

Staff member
As most of you know, I moved out of my old house a little over 2 years ago. When you move, you pack everything up so it's easier to find in the future when you are settling in to your new house. Well, that was not the case for my poor Monokote iron.

Well, today I set out to create a new studio for all of the videos, but realized there is just far too much stuff in this location to actually be able to do anything with. So that thought of a new studio was shot down. IT's a pitty really, because I really need a new place.

As I was turning around to walk out of the building, I started just looking through random boxes. I knew what I was looking for, it was the same thing that I had been looking for for about the last two years. I have planes that need patch jobs, I have new planes that need to be covered and I KNOW I own this friggin iron! lol.

Well, after an hour of searching in 30ºF weather (-1ºC) with no coat on, just a short sleeve shirt, I told myself to just give up again, the thing was probably tossed out. Which would piss me off. But as I was walking out of the building, I looked at the table that I shot the T-Maxx videos on and started looking through that as I have done a hundred times before. Don't they say the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again expecting a different result? lol.

Well, the search was back on and I started going through boxes that I know I went through before. Then, on the last box (of course it was the last box. It's not like "have you found what you are looking for?" "Yeah, but I'm still looking" lmao) that only had some coax, a small psu and some other things, saw a wooden handle. I had finally found my Monokote iron :yahoo:

So this opens up some more video ideas that I want to get done. The F4U's wing has been sitting in my dining room for quite some time and now, maybe I can fix the landing gears and get this thing covered again! Once that is done, it's on to a place to actually fly this monster!!!

Blade_flyer

Yeah, I know your pain. I bought a new house back in april. Lucky for me, the move was short...The house I bought was only 2 doors down from the old place! Here it is almost a year later and I still have stuff in boxes and I still haven't relocated my work benches, tools, and cabinets from the shed at the other place to my new barn.

My real problem is motivation. Once the weather gets nice enough to get some work done, I always seem to put it off to go flying. If I'm not flying, I'm laying around the pool.

I'll never get unpacked!!!

Bud

Admiral

At one stage I lost my Butane Soldering Iron, after about two years I found it and thought why hadn't I looked there it was a logical place to put it? Trouble is it took an other two years to remember where that logical place was.

The logical place well that was in my old flying box that I had when I flew Planks years ago.

I know what you mean. Three years ago I bought a power drill for my daughter for Christmas, she likes to fix things. I put it away in that special place that she or her brother's could not find, apparently not even me. So I bought a second one. You know how it works, you buy a second one and you will find the first one, not in this case, still looking for it.

Blade_flyer

My issue is when I deliberately put things in a place that is logical and organized. That's when I seem to lose things!

That has happened to me also, the I will put it here and will surely remember it is there, why because it is the right place. Two month later where in the :mad-new: did I put it, I know I put it here. Been there.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
I had the problem having stuff scatter all over the room :facepalm: til I got this P1280010.jpg It helps.

I finally broke down and got my self these tools P2010012.jpg. I wish I would of purchases these tools sooner :sad0147:, especially the digital caliper. I thought I was close with all my measurements using a ruler. Boy was I wrong :banghead:. That caliper is the next best thing since peanut butter. Everyone should own one.

P1280010.jpg

P2010012.jpg

Blade_flyer

Nice job on the mobile work center. Yea, a nice pair of calipers is a definite asset. The infrared thermometer comes in handy as well. My issue is not having everything scattered in one room. I have stuff scattered between a garage, two barns, and the basement! Since I moved last April, I have no idea where anything is. It will come together one of these days....

Bud

Blade_flyer

It may have helped if I had sold the other house, but I still own it and my daughter lives there. It's only 2 doors down from the new place so I haven't been motivated to move my stuff from the barn there to the one at the new house. My problem is when I do go down there to get something I need, when I'm done with it I pigeon hole it somewhere here. The way I figure it, if I keep dragging supplies and tools up as I need them, I will eventually have the old barn cleaned out. At the current rate, it may take years...

Tony

Staff member
haha, same here. My garage and barn are on my grandmothers property (which is my next door neighbor, moved here so I could take care of her land) is where all my stuff is located. As well as my kitchen, living room and bedroom where my desk is. My two largest planes are in the living room lmao.

Diver9543

I had the problem having stuff scatter all over the room :facepalm: til I got this View attachment 15367 It helps.

I finally broke down and got my self these tools View attachment 15368. I wish I would of purchases these tools sooner :sad0147:, especially the digital caliper. I thought I was close with all my measurements using a ruler. Boy was I wrong :banghead:. That caliper is the next best thing since peanut butter. Everyone should own one.
Keep an eye on Harbor Freight, they have these calipers on sell quite often. I know I got mine for over 1/2 off. I love it!

trainrider06

Harbor Freight is great! I got those calipers, and a sweet little pair of dykes, man they are sharp! Cut things nice and clean! love em!

Tony

Staff member
I found out that dykes can cut through a finger quite efficiently. I didn't want to have this knowledge but since I have it, I might as well share it lol

Top Bottom