Kits I got my eyes on this

Tony

Staff member
I don't know? I assure you I do. but I don't fly 3D. hell I probably won't fly at all anymore.

RandyDSok

It was really no trouble at all to share what I know and have read on this one... I got mine last November and I read the complete RCG thread on it as well... and still keep up with it just to see what everone is doing and/or what may be planned for future releases etc.

On the servo's... The HS-45HB's are great servo's for this IF the hinges were done properly.. if not, they may be slightly weak and you may see some jittering on startup but it normally stops if you move them or put slight pressure on the control surface. I use them and like the just fine. Others have had to switch up to the HS-65HB's ( or MG's ) since they weren't careful when they hinged it up....

On the prop... with where you are from sea level... I'd suggest going with the APCe 11x5.5 prop... It gives ample performance and you don't need to use any throttle management like you would with a 12x6 prop.

Keep your batteries light... 3S 1800mah 20-25c seem to be the sweet spot for flight time and weight... Everyone is raving about GensAce these days... others work fine as well though. Some are also flying with 2200mah and it doesn't adversely affect performance but they do mention "feeling" them more...

If you haven't already downloaded it... get the manual from the 3DHS website so you can check your radio setup for throws etc.

That is all I can think of right now... the brain is starting to go numb from all of my previous reading these last few days... lol

RandyDSok

I don't know? I assure you I do. but I don't fly 3D. hell I probably won't fly at all anymore.

I seldom do anything I call 3D flying either...

The statement about weight etc, has nothing to do with flying 3D but how the airframe behaves in general with the added weight... wing loading is everything when it comes to flight characteristics.

Tony

Staff member
20g is not going to make an unflyable aircraft. Spending an extra $40 on a motor just to fly patterns is retarded. I won't do it and I will give the members of MY site the option rather than sending them to get the biggest and baddest motors for their plane. Your remark was uncalled for and it won't happen again.

RandyDSok

Eflight Park 480 1020kV 275w 22a/28a 87g $49.95
Omega 72 1100kV 425w 35a/40a 72g $45.95
Exceed Alpha 480 1020kV 275w 22a/28a 110g $16.70
VH Gforce E480 1100kV 350w 28a/38a 100g $23.00
HU Power-up 480 1000kV 330w 30a? 102g $27.95
Turnigy Park 480 1020kV 250w ?/22a 84g $19.84

RandyDSok

Ok... let me first remove giant scale planes from what I'm about to talk about... I don't follow them well enough for anything I say here to apply to them as well... though these companies do also have some giant scale planes available.

If you visit the RCG electic plane -> 3D Flying forum areas... you'll see three companies talked about almost all of the time... they are 3D HobbyShop, Extreme Flight and Precision Aerobatics.

In the USA, PA has a terrible reputation for customer support so it isn't talked about as much, still they make top quality airframes. They excel more in very light 3D probably but they have some faster airframes. In other countries they have a good customer support... so really the only issue is in the US and if you purchase from one of the vendors, you'll bypass many of the CS issues that are reported about PA-USA itself.

3DHS and EF are US based companies that provide top quality airframes and probably more importantly, their customer support is second to none. Because of their quality and their CS, they often have trouble keeping their products in stock.

A typical post about either companies products are from the customers that say things like "after I crashed, I fully expect to come up to the plane and find nothing but pieces... and there was nothing broken ( or almost nothing )"... They also rave about the flight characteristics when compared to other companies products... So not all Edge 540's ( or Extra 300 etc ) are the same when you actually fly one... If you also select to go with the recommended equipment... there are no suprises, it just works as expected.

When a newbie comes into the forum area and ask which one to choose... the other guys say look at each brand.. pick what you like the looks of from either company and you won't be disappointed.

Top Bottom