I have shamed my family...

pvolcko

I flew my father's mini quad (1sq) into a maple tree. It's stuck about 30ft up.

Tried yet. Dislodge it with a baseball. Hit the branch twice and hit the quad directly once. Didn't budge it.

Tied a 50lb test line too the ball thinking we could overthrow target and drag it out. No dice. Ball is now stuck about 20ft up.

Oy.

Derek

Oh no!!! Now Paul....we can't go upsetting our Dad's, ok. It's just not healthy, lol.

I do hope it comes down.

pvolcko

He's having a friend with 40ft limb trimmer extension come over. It'll come down.

I was cruising out to the way back yard with it, over a row of tall maples, in order ot get some vid of a few deer back there. Well, I got it over the trees and out toward the deer when it started dropping like a stone. Apparently I discovered the range limitation on it. :) Walked forward a bit and got back control, climbed it again, back over the trees and bringing it in. Must have stressed the batteries too much because it started dropping again once I was over them. I tried to climb it again, but it did a 180 degree spin. I changed my elevator to get it coming back to us again, but it was dogging bad and ended up not having enough juice push itself away from the tree in time. Got caught up and that was it. Fell 20 feet through some branches and then got hung up about 30ft up.

We'll get it back down, but in what condition I don't know. Battery will be puffed and toast. Hopefully it doesn't do any serious damage to the compartment it fits in. I'm sure it's missing some props and probably a few bumper protectors too. May have burnt up a motor or two trying to power it loose. Hopefully it doesn't rain before they manage to get it down.

pvolcko

They got it down today. AS I expected, some props are missing. Prop protectors are either gone or broken. Missing one rubber footie (will hit it with some liquid latex to build up another foot). HAd him remove the battery and put it in a safe spot in the garage (away from flammables) until I can get over there to inspect it and put a volt meter on it and see where it's at.

murankar

Staff member
Glad here they were able to recover the quad.

Looks like you'll be out some props and maybe a battery. Lol, the price We pay to play with others toys.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

pvolcko

Yeah. He lives to jump into "emergency" situations like this. Adds some excitement to his retired life. :)

Top Bottom