I know, I know: "No Video Or It Did Not Happen!", but it did, it did happen!

murankar

Staff member
I spent 3 hours on the sim today working on side in orientation. First I was hovering right side in for as long as could with out crashing, then I would rest the sim and hover left side in until I crashed. Finally I would piro from left to right and back to left. I also had some wind towards the end of the session. Then it was dinner time so I monitored the wind on my way back and hit the sim again working on the same things as earlier. All-in-all I put in almost 4 hours of practice, then I said not guts no guts no glory.

Went out and the wind was mild with some gusting nothing to bad just enough to keep me on my toes. Got into the first hover and tried right in, then tail, back to right. I set it down and took a deep breath and tried to stay calm. I was feeling like it was day one all over again. Got it up in a hover and went to 45 degrees to the left so I could see that left side. swung back to tail in, again went to 45 degrees and got into a slow forward flight. came back tail in and squared off the heli to my stance. Swung the tail out to the left and this time I was total left side in and got some forward flight going then stopped it so I could get tail back to 6 o'clock. I flew it sideways back to me and did it again. For my last lap on this battery I rotated to the right flew forward then tried to get into a figure 8, but only got to nine o'clock and flew forwards.

The last two batteries I was trying to get into a continuous figure 8 patterns. Unfortunately the wind was really messing with me so I had not so perfect circuits. I ended up doing 3/4 ovals instead due to the nose in orientation being to scary at the moment. Today was a very good day even though the wind didn't die down till it was to late in the day. Thank god because I got some really good sim time in.

stokke

Well done, Matthias!
The sim sure is important. For my part, it's become the base of my skills, getting good in sim first, then try to push the envelope in real life.

murankar

Staff member
I was doing the "white knuckle" deal the whole time but I got through it. I also found myself leaning forward as I was flying, not sure why maybe just reaction to the flight. One thing I did do was lengthen my rc-help lanyard so my controller was more on my waist. I was feeling to bunched up before and today I felt a little more relaxed.

Lee

Well done. We'll let you off the video this time but you only get one time out. Next time there'll be trouble :D

murankar

Staff member
I need a video camera holder, human type. Not many people want to hold a camera around here. I found only one so far and he is hard to keep in touch with with.

murankar

Staff member
I just tried to go out and get video and the wind was just to much. I couldn't even keep it in the air. Looks like sim time.

Top Bottom