Chargers Icharger Duo 4010 Balance Issue

Hungomez

Hi. Anyone has a balance problem with the icharger ?
My won’t balance, is mean newer finish off the charge, or any other task witch have to be balanced. Doesn’t matter what kind of balance I setting up, newer ending the story.
Here is a picture of the balance only after a charge. Just have look on the time. ( also all off my batteries been checked, no issues on my other charger. )

Attachments

• 3A61D11E-419F-4AAE-9953-AA9E5B4096E9.jpeg
    3A61D11E-419F-4AAE-9953-AA9E5B4096E9.jpeg
    267.1 KB · Views: 13

Tony

Staff member
I think @Smoggie has one of these. But I believe they have a setting in them that regulates the current while balancing. One thing I notice is the cells are at 4.18 mostly with a couple at 4.19. Hopefully Steve can be of more help since I"m not familiar with the Duo.

Hungomez

Hi. Yes , almost perfectly balanced on changing as well, but never finish off. Usually less then 1/10v different on one cell.

Smoggie

Bear in mind that the display on the iCharger Duo is to three decimal places, so that's down to thousandths of a volt. You batteries in the display are actually generally within around 1/100th of a volt (a lot better than 1/10thV)

But they shouldn't be taking an hour to balance. I'd suggest to leave them rest for an hour and do an IR (Internal Resistance) check. It's likely that a cell in the battery is suffering from increased IR which makes it hard for the charger to balance.

Hungomez

Batteries are fine. This is with the pictures a new packs. All my batteries have been tested, I have no higher ir as 4. Doesn’t matter what size, how many cells, is just don’t finish any of the tasks what ending with balance.

Smoggie

That’s strange. It could maybe be a fault with the balancing circuit in the charger. It’s not something I’ve experienced with my 4010 Duo. All I can suggest is contacting your dealer or Junsi technical support.

Smoggie

I was setting up my own 4010 Duo yesterday and came across a setting that would help with this problem. In the setup there is an option to finish balancing when current drops to a certain % of charge current. This option is disabled by default but I set it to 10% so as to make balancing quicker. Attached are the settings required to enable this feature

83A3565E-D3F3-434A-ACED-97F5121E4451.jpeg

1779B58C-079D-4371-A9DE-E620EDB91DB4.jpeg

Last edited:

Smoggie

Yes, the screens are in the setup menu where you configure your charge parameters. If you cant find it just say.

Last edited:

bopapa_1979

I was setting up my own 4010 Duo yesterday and came across a setting that would help with this problem. In the setup there is an option to finish balancing when current drops to a certain % of charge current. This option is disabled by default but I set it to 10% so as to make balancing quicker. Attached are the settings required to enable this feature

View attachment 20200

View attachment 20199

I have not one, but two, 4010 DUOs with the same behavior. I charge a pack, any pack, and it takes a very long time to finish. Sometimes it takes more than an hour to balance. Sometimes I abandon them before they are done. This is a problem with new and used Pulse packs, E-Flite, and other brands too. It doesn't matter if I use slow or normal balance. The voltages are very precise, like Hungomez. They are sitting there within 1/100th of a volt, wandering around the last handful of thousandths. When I charge the same packs on my 306 DUOs, they finish promptly.

@Smoggie, what do these settings you are changing actually do?

Top Bottom