General Is it possible to build an fpv drone within 150 dollars?

iflying lai

Recently, I saw a very interesting question in the FPV community. Is it possible to build an fpv drone within 150 dollars? What do you think of this?
I don't think it's possible。But if you are experienced builder with all the extra odds and ends already on your bench, like offsets and extra lock nuts, solder gun, battery connections, etc. all the nickel and dime stuff that can quickly add to the budget of the project.Maybe there is still some possibility.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Yes, you can be depending on the electronics you choose. Yes this hobby is a bottomless pit but it's a fun one to waste money on. My :2c: :lmao:

Tony

Staff member
It really depends on the size. Take the quad that is right in front of me that I just installed a new FC into, the Mobula7 (not mine, a much better pilot owns this LOL). It's a micro brushless FPV quad that flies on 1s packs. Very economical, and you can build it. Not sure about the price of each part (pair of CW motors, pair of CCW motors, frame, FC, Rx, Camera, Props, Battery) but I'm sure it would be close.

Get up into a 2" quad, and you are going to have to find things on sale. At least for anything that is actually worth flying.

5" quads, You would be hard pressed, even used, to get it in the air for $150.

Top Bottom