450 Is this looking ok for you?

fligerbeisitzer

Hi guys. Thank god I found rc-help on Youtube and this fine forum!

Since 2011 I'm building my HK450 V2. It's not finished yet :tan:. But I just powered it up the first time. Can you have a look at

Does it look ok for you? Or do you see a tail shaking, too?

Last edited by a moderator:

Sparse

When tony gets on and up, He is the owner of this forum and one of them I also think. he will help you with that. However it not a good idea to spool that up in your house it is very unsafe. yes the tail is shaking. i have ideas but let tony have a look and you will get your answer and i will be able to see if I'm right. I don't want to give you wrong info. But with that welcome to the forum.

pvolcko

And it looks pretty stable. There is going to be a bit of wobble at various RPM ranges when spinning up and holding on the ground. Only thing I'd do before trying to fly it is secure that wire on the back a bit better, to make sure it doesn't flop somewhere it shouldn't while flying. Little zip tie to the boom support keeping it loose on either end will be fine. Also make sure the head and gyro and Tx setup is right, of course. Double and triple check.

And don't trying flying it indoors first, unless it is a large gymnasium or someplace with a lot of open space and no innocent bystanders around. If possible find someone locally that has some heli experience to help you out on the first flight or two, maybe give it a once over to make sure it's setup properly before flying it. Maybe get a set of trainer gear to put on the skids to help from tipping over while learning hovering.

--- Addendum: On second thought, don't secure it to the boom support. If you crash you may end up ripping that wire out of whatever it is going to. Better to secure it to the frame or just bundle it up a bit and wrap a zip tie around it to shorten up the flop a bit.

Last edited:

pj1969

Im with the other guys, DON"T SPOOL UP IN DOORS, we have all done it and if something goes wrong, it causes alot of damage, to everything in it's path. If you hav'nt flown before GET SOME TRAINING GEAR and go to a BIG field with no one or anything around, then just try to get her light just after mid stick, you must do a pre flight check and make sure you know where the throttle hold (kill switch) is, just in case. We may sound pretty harsh, but are really looking out for you. They do wobble on spool up some what, but without testing her properly it's hard to tell. I also have a few ideas as to what it could be, but please lets get it out doors and set up properly.

Lee

From what we could see, it looked ok, but thats not to say it is. As said above, put some training gear on it. Then if something is wrong, you have a much better chance of nothing bad happening. I always used to test my helis after building or rebuilding, with training gear, and it saved me from a disaster on a number of occasions.

Top Bottom