DIY Issues activating Tarot multicopter landing gear thru Pixhawk/Taranis

Flyswatter

Building the Tarot X8 1000 with retractable gear, this one has the Tarot landing gear control module.
This is my 3rd attempt at my very first venture into retracts and I just can't seem to get something, (probably the Pixhawk) cfg'd right I guess. Ultimately, I want to let the gear operate automatically on landing, take off, failsafe (maybe) as well as be able to manually manipulate it with my switch.
I'm currently using:
Taranis X9D+2019 SE
FrSky R9M 2019 External Module
bound to a FrSky R9MX OTA Receiver using FPort
Pixhawk 2.4.8
I don't know if it's in the radio, the Pixhawk (Arducopter) or the Tarot controller/lgr.
I understand setting a RC channel to 29, did that with channel 7 (RC7). That seems to have been the easy part and is the only thing I've been able to find info on. I setup a switch on the radio and that at least "Seems" to be working.
Making it ALL work together however is eluding me.
The receiver has 4 channels on one side of it, numbered 1, 2, 3 & 4.
Do I need to use one for the LGR and if so, where does it connect to (or how is all the wiring done to get the Pixhawk FC to control the landing gear?) Using FPort (or SBUS for that matter) is an additional cable required between one of the channels coming out of the receiver to one of the 6 Aux Out ports on the Pixhawk? (How do you connect a receiver out channel to a Pixhawk Out Aux? 2 OUTs do not equal an IN (so there must be a different connection). AKA: How do I setup an AUX output on the Pixhawk and connect the Tarot lgr control box to it? I did a set RC7=29 and servo11 to 29, didn't work on Aux 3, or any Aux
Seems so simple, but...........

Flipdawg

I’m having issues on a hexacopter and a t1000.I’ve even went as far as dismantling a set of retracts large ones have never moved off controller. I’m blaming the majority of my headaches on frsky tx and rx

Top Bottom