ITS HERE!!!!

Graham Lawrie

Cameron came round today for us to go flying:)

Spartan Vortex VX1e did not work on my 600:( he has taken it away to try it on his computer. Did the complete set up all went well even used his new leveling device which i have to say is AMAZING:) Kev has one as well i think? Then when we went to go into the set up again it stopped working? Removed all servo wires and it worked again??

Started plugging servos in and it lost signal? Further investigation required:(

Then when he was here i looked at Bangood aand they said my quad had been delivered yesterday?? Went to the shed and low and behold postman had left a parcel in the shed!!

Quad build commenceth:)

Lee

Good news on the quad :) Bad news on the Vortex. Some sort of short in the pins???

Stambo

Cool, you will love it I'm sure. :)

Rotate the Naze minus 90 degrees, makes it much easier to get at the USB plug.
On the first page of the new configurator before you connect hit update firmware.
Then a lot of the CLI stuff is now in the GUI.
(In other words you can make a lot of changes just by ticking boxes and entering numbers.)

Or if you like, I can upload my config and tell you how to install it. :)
But then you still have to install latest firmware.

Stambo

Just read in the other post you have a full Naze32, mine is acro so you may be better to start from scratch.
The default settings will get you flying reasonably well and the latest baseflight configurator is really user friendly.
You have to remember to save on each screen though. :)

A couple of other settings that are not in the graphical part of baseflight configurator that seem to make a difference are done in the CLI.

set looptime = 3000 This is the time in milliseconds for a control loop in the Naze32 default is 3500 you can go as low as 2500
set acc_lpf_factor 50 Accelerometer filter. Default is 4 but that is for 8bit board you can try up to 100. Makes up for a few vibrations.

These 2 are what I use, everything else is done in GUI.
Looptime is global, I think acc_lpf_factor is per profile.

Graham Lawrie

I have found what I think is a fault:( I wired up the motors tonight using base flight function to test motor direction of rotation. Position 2 will not spool up. I swapped the esc cable to another position to prove it and the motor worked.

I can't get position 2 to work:(

Is this a faulty Full Naze 32 or am I doing something wrong?

Lee

Did you solder on the pins yourself?
Maybe check the soldering on the 2nd pos pins.

Stambo

Make sure you have the ESC leads plugged in the right place on the Naze32.
I did it wrong initially, started counting from the wrong end.

Top Bottom