I've been waiting

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
I new runcam would come out with a new action camera. I wanted the peanut action camera BUT not for $200.00 Runcam came out with their version of the peanut camera BUT for $50.00 I ordered 2 of them. Cant wait to try it out :). RunCam Thumb

Tony

Staff member
Interesting! I'm interested to see what the quality of this little camera is. If it's good, this is way better than a GoPro sitting on top of a quad. And also the price. I'm much less worried about losing $50 vs $500! Keep us posted.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Well the camera came in today :). It's diffidently not a go pro but it's suppose to be 1080/60fs. Light as hell. Made my quad 25gs lighter :). The camera mount is cheesy but I spot weld it with hot glue to snug it up a bit. The camera probably won't survive a freestyle crash but it will work wonderful for a cuisine around quad like I'm going to use it for. I'll use my other runcam action camera on my freestyle quad. I didn't have the chance to try it out but tomorrow is a different day. I'll post back with a video and my :2c: on this camera. So far for the price you can't go wrong especially if you loose the quad for some strange reason.

Tony

Staff member
Yea, definitely keen to see some video from this thing!

New toys... let me just scratch this itch right quick lol

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
I had the chance this morning to try out the new Runcam Thumb. I have to say Oh Wow I'm impress with the quality of the recording. It's 1080/60fs for sure. Very light weight and it will give the peanut camera or go pro a run for it's money. For $50.00 They already raise the price I would recommend this camera vs $200/$300 even $500 Go pro. The go pro is solid and would withstand a crash better then the Runcam Thumb but if you don't crash or end up losing your quad your only out $50 bucks if you do. Video to come between my Thumb vs my other Runcam action camera :).

Top Bottom