Other Jeti/spirit Pro Setup

Heliman450

Hi all,

I'm going through the setup of my DC-14 with a Spirit Pro gyro using a Jeti REX10 receiver. The following summarises the steps so far:
1. Downloaded and installed the Jeti Studio software to my laptop
2. Updated the adapter drivers and the firmware for the Rx. using Studio
3. Updated the Tx. using Studio
4. Checked the content of the Tx. via the laptop against the Spirit Integration version from their website
5. Checked the dates of the files in Tx. and the Spirit version
6. The Tx. files still dated 2015 when the originals were created ???
7. Spirit dates 2017 - copied the 2017 versions across to the Tx.
8. Checked the spirit.bin files from Spirit against the Jeti version (2019 vs 2017)
9. Replaced 2017 versions in Tx. with 2019 version from Spirit

Unfortunately, still no go as the Spirit Pro isn't seen as a device in the list of devices under pin E2 of the Rx.

All feedback much appreciated.

Smoggie

How have you got the Spirit wired up, have you got the Special 'Jeti Integration Cable' (or make your own from an extension lead is what I do). The Spirit needs to be set to 'Jeti Ex Bus' in the 'receiver type' setting. You then need to open up the receiver setup from the Tx menu and set port E2 to 'Ex Bus'.

Heliman450

Hi Steve, I have the Jeti cable connected to the correct terminals. I'm diving back in after lunch so will let you know how it goes.

Smoggie

Great to hear it's working. One of the advantages of owning for too many helis is I get lots of practice setting them up!

Heliman450

That's been my problem, getting out of practice. At least knew when to stop digging the hole and ask for help :biggrin1:

Now I can get some more practice in going through the checks on my other two helis with Spirit Pro ready for when they let me out of lockdown.

Top Bottom