ESC Jive Pro

fran11784

Goblin 380 Supporter
Friends, who can help with Kontronik programing? I took the plunge and bought a Jive 120. I also have the prog unit. Do I still need to do mode programing with the sticks or can it be all done with the PC? And lots more questions....lol
T

Geena

Staff member
Mode programming, and throttle endpoint setting has to be done with the sticks. Everything else can be done with K-konfig.

fran11784

Goblin 380 Supporter
Ok thank you Geena. I've read the manual a few times and starting to get it. In fact I just read what I asked and you answered... lol. Missed it the first 6 times. I'm on my own here since no one close to me has ever used Kontronik. Im sure I'll have more, thanks again

Geena

Staff member
You`re welcome. Like any new piece of equipment, it takes time to fully get to know it. The whole mode programming had me jacked up at first too. I had one of my team mates to help me set it up the first time, because I was worried that I would do something to damage it...LOL. After I saw how he did it, I realized I was sweating it for nothing. Just remember, if you change the gearing, or the motor, you must do the mode reset again. Mode 1 reset, and then set it back to mode 4 which is helicopter mode. A couple of my team mates said you should do a mode reset even if you change blade length, but I haven`t done it when going back and forth between 690mm and 710mm blades, and it seems fine.

fran11784

Goblin 380 Supporter
Hey Geena, can you tell me what "P-Part" is? Is that how fast the RPM changes when changing flight modes? Id like to soften that up if possible. I looking for what Castle calls "head speed change rate". Not sure if its adjustable at all here on the Jive...
T

Geena

Staff member
P-Part Changes behavior of RPM control. Only change with expert knowledge!Limits:Min 0 -Max 10Default:4 <----taken from the K-konfig manual. I think this is it, but I`m not sure. I like the faster RPM changes, so I always leave that alone. Here is the link to the K-konfig manual. It explains all of the parameters and how to adjust them. I keep a copy of it on my laptop for quick reference. :) The first part of it is in German, so you`ll have to scroll down a bit for the English version.

fran11784

Goblin 380 Supporter
Just thought Id share, could not find exactly what I was looking for so emailed Kontronik. Finally got an answer about the head RPM changes. Its the "Slewrate pos and Slewrate neg" on the expert menu that will slow down the RPM changes. Probably wont mess with it after all that...lol

Top Bottom