General KADET LT-40

Titch

Hi guys.
Thanks for letting me join the forum. I am new to gas power rc planes so please bare with me…lol..
I have just got a KADET LT-40. It just needs receiver battery and a transmitter which I have. Spektrum DX6.
please can you tell me what type of receiver battery I require. It is the glow plug engine. Can I confirm that the battery plugs straight in the Spektrum AR410 receiver and it controls all the servos.
I have flown electric planes but moving up. I was always told if you do not know always ask. There is never a stupid question if you do not know the answer…lol..

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    289.4 KB · Views: 8

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
:welcome1:Titch to the site and you right about There is never a stupid question if you do not know the answer. We have some wonderful, knowledgeable individuals that should be able to help you out. My self I'm clueless when it comes to planes. Just have patience and someone will reply :).

RandyDSok

Hi Titch, ... welcome in to the forum...

What voltage you will need will actually depend on the servo's you have chosen ... and not the Spektrum AR410 receiver itself so much although that does have a voltage range it works with.

The Spektrum AR410 receiver can use anything between 3.5v up to 9v of voltage.

Standard servo's will typically use 4.8-6v... but high voltage ones are now pretty common. So look up the specs for the servo's you have or are getting to know which battery voltage you'll need.

The Kadet is a great beginner's airplane and should be plenty of fun to fly. I still prefer electric over fuel, less to cleanup after a flight but the fuel does last longer than a battery powered will so there are advantages to it. The other advantage of electric over fuel is they are quicker to react to your input than a fuel engine is, so be ready to make a minor adjustment for that when flying.

James M. Lewis

Armed Forces
Welcome to the forum. I've met some of the greatest RC flyers here and have gotten such support that's priceless. You couldn't find a better group of people.

mudbogger

Welcome to the forum Titch!!! As Randy said, servos make a big difference in what battery you’ll need for your airplane. If your running standard servos in the 6V range, nothing high voltage, a NiMH battery should work for you. If your going with high voltage, you’ll need a 7.4V battery, which would most likely be a 2S (2 cell) lipo battery. Something else to consider too is your space in the fuselage for the battery. Just gotta be mindful of their size. some batteries with a higher Mah (milliamp) capacity can get bulky. Gotta make sure your CG (center of gravity) stays where it needs to be with the battery in the plane, might have to move it around a little to keep the airplane happy, before mounting it more permanently. Happy Flying!

Top Bottom