700 Kraken 700s motor / esc combo

Geena

Staff member
I am building a 700 synergy at this time had I am going with a scorpion HKll-4525 520KV ultimate and hobbywing 120LV.
You might want to consider using a hobbywing 130HV ESC. The 120LV is for 3-6s, and the HKll 4525-520 is a 12s motor. You`re not going to get a whole lot of rpm or power out of it, running it on 6s.

fran11784

Goblin 380 Supporter
Hey buel, did you find a new kit somewhere? I wonder if Synergy is ever coming back at this point.

buel williams

Hey buel, did you find a new kit somewhere? I wonder if Synergy is ever coming back at this point.
No not a kit, but a really good complete airframe. I sure hope for a comeback because parts anywhere I look are not good. When I said build I meant all the goodies inside that make it fly as of cost it will take me a while.

Geena

Staff member
Synergy is going to be back soon. Matt has been working hard to get the CNC equipment set up, here in the U.S., to get manufacturing back on track. Don`t give up on him.

buel williams

Synergy is going to be back soon. Matt has been working hard to get the CNC equipment set up, here in the U.S., to get manufacturing back on track. Don`t give up on him.
Well thats good news Geena thank you. What a great start to the new year.

RandyDSok

Hi Folks,
XNOVA 4530 - 500Kv, good for Kraken 700s ?
Or what combo would people recommend ?
Cheers,
Paul

Since Weelawser started this thread... and things seem to be getting off of this being his topic... I thought I'd repeat it to try and get things back on track for the OP.

buel williams

Since Weelawser started this thread... and things seem to be getting off of this being his topic... I thought I'd repeat it to try and get things back on track for the OP.
He asked would someone recommend I said what I was going to use on my 700 and Geena corrected me on the size of esc. There are you happy now.

RandyDSok

I haven't see the OP respond to say if that was helpful info for them or not... and that doesn't excuse anyone from hijacking someone elses thread.... until the OP says they are fine and whats has been mentioned works for them, I'll try to remind everyone to respect other people and on being respectful of that.

buel williams

I haven't see the OP respond to say if that was helpful info for them or not... and that doesn't excuse anyone from hijacking someone elses thread.... until the OP says they are fine and whats has been mentioned works for them, I'll try to remind everyone to respect other people and on being respectful of that.
Hey Weelawser the motor you mentioned should be fine for your build. The combo I mentioned was just my choice. But make sure the esc size is correct and not wrong like me hope that is any help. I don't know about any hijacking what Geena said was help. And I think that's what we are about rc-help.com.

fran11784

Goblin 380 Supporter
Agreed, Geena pretty much answered, 4530 is a good choice but at least a 130 or more ESC IMO, apologies

Weelawser

No worries folks.....at least it generated discussion.
First 700 size heli so no info is bad info in my book, appreciate all the feedback.

Smoggie

4530 500kV is good, you could also go with a 4525 and save a few grams with still ample power. There are some motor recommendations in the manual that give you a good idea what sizes and Kv ranges work. One of the good things about the SAB transmission is it will take a wide range of motor kV.

As others have said, an HV (12s) ESC with 130A or higher rating will do the trick. An ESC with built in BEC (most do these days) makes wiring and setup a bit easier and neater as no need to worry about a dedicated power source for the FBL, receiver and servos.

Top Bottom