Learning to speak Futaba

Geena

Staff member
As the title suggests... I spent part of the day today at the field with my VERY patient friend, Jeff. Learning the ways of the Futaba CGY755 FBL system. GOOD LORD, is that thing complicated. But a necessary switch to make me more competitive in F3C contest flying. The AXON is perfect for scale and 3D flying, but not optimal for the precision of F3C. specifically the hovering portion. Just about all of the top F3C guys are flying Futaba gyros, so there has to be a reason for that....LOL. I also installed Xpert adjustable servo horns on my contest helicopter this weekend, so we were able to do the setup with zero subtrim in the CYG755, or the transmitter.

There are so many parameters, settings and functions to adjust...it`s just mind blowing. Without Jeff`s patience and much appreciated help, I would have gotten frustrated and pulled it off of the helicopter. But.... we got it flying, and somewhat tuned, and my ability to "speak Futaba" is getting better.

TORCHS winter bash is next weekend, and I`m hoping that Nick Maxwell will be there, so I can get him to teach me more about the actual F3C setup for the CGY755. With teachers like Jeff and Nick, I should be able to handle setup and tuning on my own in no time at all.

Geena

Staff member
That's awesome Geena. You have some great coaches to learn from.
Yeah...They`re both Futaba gurus, and Nick actually designed/helped design the CGY755/760 units. So who better to get instructions from. Not to mention he`s one of the top F3C competitors in the world. He will definitely get me sorted. :)

Tony

Staff member
That's awesome! Time to take this shindig to the next level! lol. Hope it works out for the best.

Top Bottom