Lift-off Simulator

Tony

Staff member
I own it and have streamed it. Thought about streaming it again. I got it back in the early days, so hope things are better now. It's a full on FPV sim for quads.

Tony

Staff member
Back when I had it and was playing with it (still have it lol), it was pretty good. I may have to fire it up again and give it another go since it has been through a lot of updates.

bigone5500

I had searched the forum for mention of it but couldn't find anything. I wish I had a GPU that would handle it.

Tony

Staff member
The graphics requirements have went up on that one. I think they should have just stuck with the graphics they had so more people could play it. Their loss I guess.

Tony

Staff member
Look at the "Recommended" specs though. They are only basing it off of memory size and not processing power of the GPU. If you have 2GB of memory in your graphics card, you should do just fine.

Tony

Staff member
If you want to try it, wait for it to go on sale. I didn't pay that much for it when I purchased it.

bigone5500

It's only $20 right now. I may go ahead and get it for when I do get a GPU. I'd like to get an external gpu kit but have read that they don't work very well.

Tony

Staff member
They don't with older computers. And most times if you don't have an M.2 port, you will have to use the port that your wifi card is in so you will have to run an ethernet cable to your lappy. Best thing to do is just build a cheap desktop and get a decent GPU to stick in it.

bigone5500

Desktops are best if you want a decent gaming rig. I could simply sink $400 in this 6 year old laptop and get a dual 2GB GTX 680 setup. But that would be stupid.

Tony

Staff member
Yup. For $400 you could head to ebay and come out with a pretty good computer. Something like an ASROCK mobo, i3 cpu, or even i5. Hell, you could go i7 if it's old enough. My i7 is going cheap now days. $40 as a matter of fact. But you would have to find an LGA1366 motherboard. Then find a second hand 1060 and you are off to the races. Well, after ram and a PSU and such lol. But yea, it's completely doable

bigone5500

I find myself wondering sometimes why I bough this laptop years ago. It was an awesome machine back then but for the $3800 I paid I could have built a MONSTER on my own. But alas, it has lasted 6 years so far and I'll probably keep on using it as long as it will power up.

Tony

Staff member
Had to look it up, I paid $13.99 for LiftOff on Dec 24 2017. So about a year and a half ago. Not much cheaper than it is now. I thought I paid less. lol.

bigone5500

I went ahead and bought it. If I can play it and it's not tooooo choppy, then I'll be happy. If it won't run very well than I have it for when I can get something better.

bigone5500

I can play it fairly well actually with all settings turned off. I had to limit it to 60fps. I have the display set to 1920x1080. Let me know when you might want to try out the multiplayer.

Top Bottom