Liftoff Flight Simulator

Tony

Staff member
What's up everyone. With quads (drones :puke:) becoming more popular, I thought it would be cool to get this simulator and try it out. It is on sale right now on Steam, so I thought why not. I also got a couple more sims (not Rc related) which were on a very big sale.

So far from what I see of this sim, it's pretty good. I think it still needs work because you can punch the throttle, release the throttle and it will just land. Won't tip over, won't crash, it just lands. You can fly through trees without getting damage which we ALL know is a LIE!!! lmao.

But the positives about it are it will teach you how to fly in FPV, you can change flight modes, but you have to use a keyboard to do so, and you cant' setup aux channels from what I have found so far. There is even a 3D mode that allows "negative pitch". I put that in quotes because it is actually just reversing the motors I think lol. But, it is like flying a helicopter in FPV. You have negative authority (so to speak lol).

There are online sessions and I think I'm going to play around with this some, and then fire up a live stream and see what people think. As for racing, I completely SUCK!!! Free flight, yup, that's where it's at with me. But, I need to learn Acro, and I think this might just help me out with it. One thing I'm going to do is connect up my goggles to my computer and actually wear goggles and see how I like it.

I do have my DX9 connected to my computer, but since I can't use any of the switches (not even to arm it), I think I'm going to take the USB controller that @Paulster2 sent me and just use that. No batteries, no charging, just plug it in and go!

If you guys know how to setup aux switches in this sim, let me know. I would love to only practice with my DX9 since that is what I fly with.

Overall, I think it was a good $14.00 spent. It will not replace helicopter simulators, but if you are into FPV, I think this simulator could help you out. Especially if you have the issue that I have in needing to learn Acro lmao.

Top Bottom