Lost orientation

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
I was out flying my birds yesterday around dusk time. I had the chance to fly two batteries for each bird and was doing well :biggrin1:. I notice that I had one battery left for the X3. I was thinking that it wasn't to dark enough yet to fly BUT I was wrong :sad0147:. Half way during the flight I lost orientation and lost control. I thought she came down rather soft landing but NOT! :confused1: The X3 ended up with 2 broken main blades, main gear stripped, tail boom broke in half right by the tail boom holder, broke the belt, one servo horn broke, bent feathering shaft and main gear shaft the rest I wont know til I take her apart. I should of known better to fly when it's getting dark :hump:. I had to sneak in that last battery in instead of going with my first choice and waited til the morning to burn up that last battery. Oh well, I'll learn next time :nono:. I have all the spare parts so the X3 and she will be up and flying by noon time. I hope that everyone is enjoying their holiday weekend.

Derek

I'm sorry to hear about the crash buddy but you had those famous last words, "...just one more time.....crash" Get it fixed and back up again.

Admiral

Sorry to hear that, we have all done it just pushed for that extra 5 minutes flying time, flying quads have shown me the importance of orientation I don't think I could fly a quad without super bright LEDs.
Maybe they would be a good idea for helicopters as well.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Smoggie

Sorry to hear of the crash. It's so easy to loose orientation in poor light, even in the middle of the day if there is thick cloud it can be bad.

Tony

Staff member
You people need to quit crashing your birds. Your making me very uneasy to where I don't want to fly lmao.

Ivan, it sucks that you put this bird in. If you are anything like me, it's a lesson learned. Hope you get it repaired quickly.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
They always say, :thinking: Go with your first choice "waited to tomorrow was mine" and of course like Derek said, "Just one more time" and my poor decision to do just that :bitchslap:, did the X3 in :whining: She is all stripped down :shhh: and I do have all the parts so back to the repair desk she goes.:twitch:

Top Bottom